Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question I need a character name that has that "o" sound w/o ending in o

I was wondering if you could help me, my character needs a name that has the "o" sound, like the second O in Oreo. Where the O says it's name. I don't like popular or trendy names or names that seem like they are going to be popular. I am extremely open to weird names. I don't mind names that aren't pronounced the way they look and it can't be 8, 5, or 9 letters long. A Female name with history as something else other than a name maybe. And definitely not a fruit name or virtue name. nothing ending in en, in, n, or o. And nothing with double L's. I know this is specific but I really need your help. Nothing considered classic, like Alice or Beatrice. Or too trendy sounding, like Marlo. So far, I like Opal, but feel like it's too delicate for the quick-of-wit, intelligent, mysterious, clever, devious, main character.

Thanks!
    I just like names and languages.
    :geek:homespun names with a warm sitting-by-the-fire feeling, they're like comfort food but in name form :?:

Do you want it to begin with an O? Or do you just want it to contain the sound?

Maybe ...

Olympia
    Oriel
    Orla

It can begin with an O, not preferred though. It just needs the sound of the O saying it's name. The one's you suggested don't have the right sound. Orla and Oriel's first sound is Or-, Olympia, however pretty, starts with the sound of Uh- (at least the I say it, Uh-limp-pee-uh). I know this is a lot of specifics, but I would love to find the perfect name for her. If it helps, the character's brother's name is Ambrose. Maybe a map name would work? I do like Olympia, however, maybe I'll use it as someone else's name.
    I just like names and languages.
    :geek:homespun names with a warm sitting-by-the-fire feeling, they're like comfort food but in name form :?:

Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Ché l Omri l Fern l Celia l Orla

How about Odette, or Odelia?