Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Middle(s) for Agnes -- She's here!!!

Update: Posted in Birth Announcements!

Hey all! You were so helpful with this post that I thought I'd pick your brains some more!

We haven't decided 100% that Baby's name will be Agnes, though I've been feeling it the whole time, and the three of us agreed that it's a fab name before I was ever pregnant (my 12-year-old adores the Despicable Me character and says if Sissy comes right now her name will definitely be Agnes). We were all in complete agreement on Felix for a boy, but we've had such a difficult time discussing girl names!

Anyway, my biggest problem with Agnes is that I can't decide on a middle or middles. Henry has two middles (James & Parke. Parke was given at birth as an honor name and James was added around age 6 to honor someone else, though not legal at this point). All of Henry's names -- including our last name, Wh1te -- have 5 letters, but I don't necessarily need to keep Girlie's names in the same pattern.

Others on our list -- some are family/honor names, some I love the Shakespeare connection, and some are/were considered strictly for middles:

Alice
    Arden
    Beatrice
    Bliss (this is an extra-special honor name and would go in the second-middle slot if we use it)
    Celia
    Della or Delphine
    Edith
    Eloise
    Estelle/Estella
    Flora
    Gertrude
    Harriet
    Ingrid
    Irene
    Jewel
    Josephine
    Lucille
    Lillian
    Mabel
    Phebe/Phoebe
    Rosaline/Rosalind (ROZ, not ROSE)
    Willa

If you can come up with some combos for Agnes, whether they include these or not, I would appreciate it so much! I can't even think straight at this point because I'm worried my membranes have ruptured (they didn't with Henry so I'm not sure what it feels like! ack!). I may have to check in with you from the hospital!
    Last edited by lara_jane; April 30th, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Lara -- mama to Henry (June 2000) & Agnes (April 2012) and one angel baby

I love Agnes. Its so refreshing to see. You might also like Agatha if you are not dead set on Agnes. Felix is also a fabulous name if the baby turns out to be a boy. Some middle name suggestions:

Agnes Mabel Willa
    Agnes Flora Jewel
    Agnes Delphine Celia
    Agnes Josephine Mabel
    Agnes Lillian Harriet
    Agnes Rosalind Phoebe
    Looking for a unique yet legitimate name, check out my growing database of names, I have names from Albanian to Yiddish http://legitbabenames.wordpress.com

Ooo, Agnes Ruby is lovely.
    Looking for a unique yet legitimate name, check out my growing database of names, I have names from Albanian to Yiddish http://legitbabenames.wordpress.com

I love Agnes, I think it fits perfectly. I think that since Bliss has such meaning for you (that's what I think I read) you should use that as a second middle name. My first idea was Agnes Josephine Bliss. The length of Josephine seems to even out the two sylables of Agnes and the one of Bliss.
    A few other ideas:

Agnes Mabel Fleur
    Agnes Josephine Helene
    Agnes Celia Bliss
    Agnes Rosalind Edith

Hope that helps!
    -Athena
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Agnes Josephine flows the best. I also like Agnes Rosalind. Either of these would go well with Bliss as a second middle name.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)