Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Southern girl names

I spent the weekend in mississippi with my husbands family. Got me wanting to find a southern gem of a name
    Any suggestions? I would like a variety from names double names to frilly to masculine like Ryder for a girl.
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop

To me, these are classically Southern names:

Annabelle
    Darlene
    Dixie
    Lorena
    Twila
    Looking for a unique yet legitimate name, check out my growing database of names, I have names from Albanian to Yiddish http://legitbabenames.wordpress.com

Those might be too feminine for me
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop

Where I come from in the South, girls' names tend to be a family surname: Bentley, Camden, Peyton, Lauck, Shelton, Brigham, Alston, Tyler, Blakely, Linley, etc. These are sometimes double-barrelled with Anne, Mae, Mary, etc: Anne Waverly, Anne Hampton, Mae Monroe (and then there are the more regular double names like Mary Catherine, Marybeth, Billie Anne, or Carrie Frances). I would suggest digging into your family tree (and your husband's!) for names you like!

Then there are a few feminizations of male names: Ryanne, Evanne (prn. just like Evan), Laine...

Other names that evoke the South for me: Magnolia, Azalea, Camellia, Bay, Flannery (love-was a family surname of hers!), Virginia, Carolina, Georgia, Savannah, August and Augusta, Osceola, Nola, Summer, Scarlett off the top of my head

I have met a few ladies named Paralee/Paralie. Also, Bobbie-Jo comes to mind.
    Looking for a unique yet legitimate name, check out my growing database of names, I have names from Albanian to Yiddish http://legitbabenames.wordpress.com