Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Roxy without Roxanne?

Well hello!

Do you super smart namers know of a way to get to the nickname Roxy without using the name Roxanne?

While I don't mind Roxanne, she seems slightly dated and would love a more modern alternative in order to use the fun and bold Roxy/Roxie!

Would Romilly nn Roxy work? What about Beatrix?

xo Viv
    Mama bear to Rigby Harrison, Miller Thomas, Wren Charlotte Amity & Eloise Cleo Bellamy

Beatrix would work, how about Roxie as a fn or mn, she could go by her mn..
    I'm Bree. I'm 24. I'm married to David.
    I have 3 kids. Chase River. Mason Oak. Paisley Ocean. Olivia Harleigh Tu.
    Proud Mom, Nature Lover & Wife!

There is the Russian, Roxelana.
    Looking for a unique yet legitimate name, check out my growing database of names, I have names from Albanian to Yiddish http://legitbabenames.wordpress.com

I don't really think Beatrix or Romilly really work to get to Roxy. It just doesn't really make any sense to me, and I think it would confuse people. I really like Roxana (it seems a lot less dated than Roxanne to me) and Rosanna or Oxana might work, but Roxanne/Roxana is the most logical.

I want to add that I do not find Roxanne dated, but I much prefer the Roxane spelling because that is the most legit to me. I also adore Roxana. There is the Eastern European form of Roksana, and as I have already suggested, there is the Russian female name of Roxelana. I don't think nns are always suppose to make sense, but Roxy is a bit of a stretch from Romilly and Beatrix.
    Looking for a unique yet legitimate name, check out my growing database of names, I have names from Albanian to Yiddish http://legitbabenames.wordpress.com