Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Totally love the name! Go for it!

We named our son Cormac (pn Cor-Mick) so obviously I love it but you do get a variation of pronunciations so we typically call him Mac to keep it simple. That said, about 90% of people do pronounce it "right" and only rarely do we have someone say "Core-Mack". Its tough because they said the Irish pronounce with the hard Mac sound as well but with accents and everything, just go with what you like and own it.

I would also assume that it was core-mack, but maybe it all depends where you live? From the way its spelt I think most people will assume its core-mack unless maybe they have met a cormac before that has pronounced it core-mick. I do like the name cormac though when its pronounced core-mack.
    Not expecting yet, Just love names!!
    PLEASE vote on my name list!
    Keep checking as it's always changing!

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9812143

Quote Originally Posted by netappyng View Post
    I love it! It fits right in with the Irish name trend yet isn´t hard to pronounce and the difference between the cor-mack and cor-mick pronunciation is slight so it would barely be noticable. I´ve only met one little Cormac in my life and his parents immigrated from Ireland. Overall its a legitimate name thats also cute and fun but would suit an adult as well.
    This.

I don't find Cormac anymore hard to pronounce than Connor, Kevin or Sean. Of the Irish names, I like this the best. I like that it can be shortened to Mac.
    Looking for a unique yet legitimate name, check out my growing database of names, I have names from Albanian to Yiddish http://legitbabenames.wordpress.com

I am also very torn about naming my little boy due in May a very alliterative/cadence name. I hesitate to do it, but when I reject our go to name I just come up with other alliterative names. I guess it is personal taste. I like your name choice, but obviously I might be biased!