Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Cor-mick-mick-carthy is a bit much don't you think?

I love it! Cormac is so handsome. I've always instinctively said it more like cor-mack instead of CORE-mick, but I think people will easily pick up on the pronunciation, and I've heard others say CORE-mick, so I don't foresee it being a huge problem.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Great name but I think it's an Irish name and is "meant" to be cor-Mack so you might have trouble getting people to say it cor-mick

When I first read it I thought it was Cor-mac, but I can't say I'm great with pronunciations. I love Cor-mac and just like Cor-mick.... but I think that the name looks really good written down and the more I say Cormac, pronounced the way it's supposed to be, the more I like it

Don't worry too much about what your family think, they will grow to like anything that you choose, my grandma called me Josie for my first 3 months because she didn't like Gracen, funny cause I'm named after her...

Good Luck!
    Gracen xx
    Our babies Jack August Hopper, Hugo Thackeray Fox and Emmeline "Milly" Amelia Story were born on the 15th of July 2012. We can't believe how far they have come!
    “I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen” Nicholas Sparks.

For those interested, you can hear an Irish pronunciation of the name along with it's background her: http://www.babynamesofireland.com/irish-boy-names

It's a great site for Irish pronunciations (the man who wrote "Angela's Ashes" does the speaking). I personally adore Cormac, but I wouldn't quite say it the way you do.
    Last edited by neuilly; April 22nd, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!