Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Aside from whether I like the name or not, I think Arrow Claire is a pretty combo

@newfootprints

You're right. I should have been more specific. Arrow isn't a lousy name because it isn't actually a name. It's simply a lousy choice for a name.

I don't dislike the name at all. The only thing I would be concerned about is that the name doesn't seem to age very well. I can't imagine a thirty year old woman named Arrow. It's not my style, but she's YOUR daughter, so the only thing that's important is that you and your husband love the name.

Quote Originally Posted by newfootprints View Post
    I have to disagree mxs, Arrow is not going to be everyone's taste but it isn't a "lousy name".

I do agree that there is no harm in broadening your name options and not to get fixation on only one name, often when a baby arrives parents find they pick another name then what they were intending to, so options are good to have. I'm trying to have 3 top names for boys and girls so I'll be able to change my mind a little bit.

I agree with this completely.

I LOVE LOVE the sound of Arrow and I think it's just the strong connection to the word 'Arrow' that's causing everybody to question the name, though honestly it doesn't really bother me. And personally I think Aero is such a unique name that it could very easily be feminine but if you don't like that spelling it's also spelled 'Eero' and I like the pp's suggestions of Sparrow & Yarrow. Or using Arrow as a nickname.
    Some others that you might consider:
    Saro- from an Appalachian folk song 'Sweet Saro'
    Carrow- another word name (though I like Arrow better)
    Darrow- Surname (Clarence Darrow)

But if Arrow is what you really love, then go for it. Disregard us, really all that matters is YOU love it.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Wow, there are a few really mean-spirited responses on this thread! Arrow isn't my style either, but I don't think it's indicative of some kind of short coming where the parents are concerned. Actually, when you set aside the weaponry connection, the sound of the word itself is quite pretty. IMO, it has more substance than a made up name like Nevaeh, and it's miles better than saddling the poor kid with a silly spelling or the name of an alcoholic drink or something.