Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Tasmin & Tamsin

Quote Originally Posted by flyybella89 View Post
    Tamsin? Am I the only one who's never heard of this?
    I think its more common in Britain and assorted Commonwealths than in the US. It's from Cornwall is what I've heard. I've seen Tamsins, Tamsyns, and Tamzins out here.

I like it for being tailored and un-fussy but not a boy's name. Its like a crisp white button-down shirt. But with just a waft of fairytale to it, a bit like Briar in that regard.

I don't love it quite as much as I love Thomasin or Tamar, but its miles ahead of Tasmin.

Def. Tasnim, I love the meaning and the pronounciation sounds nothing like tasman(ian). Tasman is Dutch, Tasnim Arabic...

This is an old thread. :/

That being said, I prefer Jasmin or Tamsin to Tasmin. Tasmin seems made up or misspelled. It is pleasing to the ear though, but I think that is just because it is similar to Jasmin, which I like.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I never thought of Tasmin/Tasman as an actual name apart from Abel Tasman/the Tasman sea so I'm Tamsin all the way, I feel out of the two it's more feminie without being overly so, the nn Tammy, Tamsy, Tansy or even as suggested above Tess are all appealing to me.
    Number 1 Aunty to one adorable ray of sunshine Rosalee Jillian 'Rosie'/'Roe'
    Cousin & Godmother to the delightful Erica Marisol 'Eri'/'Ricki'
    & Godmother to Sadie Bryn 'Bean' & honorary aunt to Molly Maeve Tuesday 'Molly Dolly'!

Interesting. learned something new. So i am not familiar with it in context, but just reading it and seeing it, Tamsin doesn't sound/look very feminine to me (although Thomasina does, though that makes me think antiquated).
    -an Amelia from a time before 'Amelia' was in the top 100.

Currently feeling:*Roseanne Amelia* or *Kamal Clifford*

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Roseanne
    Boys: Beres, Kamal

TTC Fall 2013!