Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Counting down the days with no names! advice?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so firstly - Hello!

I was wondering if i could pick your brains for some inspiration. Im due to have bubs #2 in a couple of weeks (gender unknown) and DH and i have no names...Its not that we haven't agreed on any, there is just nothing jumping out that we love enough to even argue about!

Our DS's name is Jett, and I love it, Its different enough that there wont be 10 others in his school photos, but nice and strong, its not weird, not difficult to spell or pronounce and ..well It suits him perfectly!

DH has only suggested one name = Leah, and while I don't dislike the name its just a bit too common for me.

Our surname has 3 syllables so shorter names sound better, and it begins with A (also contains 'will') so my one true love for a girl "Willow" is a huge no! :grin:

I have been fishing through books and websites in the hope that something with jump out at me but no luck, I am now beginning to wonder if i have read too many names and have confused myself into thinking all names are too common as i have read them over and over!

Anyway, If you can think of anything that fits please share - who knows when Little baby no name will arrive!

TIA

How about Sage if its a girl? I think it has a similar feel to Willow (maybe a nature vibe or something?).

Other short girls names that I like are:
    Bette
    Beth
    Bree
    Cleo
    Liza (one of my faves). Jett and Liza make a diverse but please sibset.
    Shea/Shae/Shaye

You could also be funny and use Ebony. Ebony and Jett both have the same meaning!

Short names for boys:
    Beau
    Ben
    Cael
    Eli
    Ian
    Hugh
    Miles
    Roan (I like this as a sibset with Jett....Jett and Roan. Although they are both colours).
    Coen
    One Day: Sullivan Webster and Hazel Hilary

"And so with all things: names were vital and important." ~ Algernon H. Blackwood

You could also be funny and use Ebony. Ebony and Jett both have the same meaning!

seriously considering Ebony as a mn - My Grandmothers nn is Bonnie! Had no idea they had the same meaning!! thanks for that!

Wow thank you!!, you are good at this, I quite like Sage and Beth, but None of the boys names are jumping at me...
    Last edited by mum2almost2; April 18th, 2012 at 02:27 AM.

Welcome!

I'll just throw some out there for you:
    Kane
    Theo
    Ronan
    Kean
    Thane
    Britton
    Vaughn

Della
    Calla
    Mira
    Laurel- love this nature-y name
    Brynn
    Linden
    I actually like Bonnie too!

Good luck

Welcome I like Flynn for you, I think it has the same cool vibe as Jett. How about Cole, Lyle, Ellis, Dean, Fox, West, Zane, Dexter/Dex, North? For girls, I really like the suggestion of Della! Flora, Adele, Ivy, Verity, Molly, or Lydia maybe? I love Bonnie too! Best of luck

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~