Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I've had exactly the same desire - a girl name with gravitas - and I'm due in 2 months. Really helpful everyone, thank you. And my eldest daughter is Iris Elizabeth - so pleased she made the cut twice above!

I think we're going for Artemis (ie Diana) but still some time to go to reconsider!

My first though was Cassandra (I'm slightly biased though - see my signature!) It's the name of the beautiful eldest princess of Troy - the "second most beautiful woman in the world" - who could also foresee the future, although everyone would ignore her. She also features in Shakespeare's "Troilus and Cressida" - although she is not portrayed very flatteringly... Good luck with your choice - Phoebe is beautiful.

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

Funny that this thread got resurrected today...just found out I am pregnant! Hopefully I will get to use one of these lovely names! I actually found out on Easter, so Susannah has the edge with the 'lily' meaning.

Congratulations, phoebesmom!
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

Congratulations! Good luck choosing a name, these all are really nice!
    -lists currently under construction-