Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

need a nice indian name for our baby girl due in july with a nice modern twist!

hello all! we are looking for a nice indian name for our baby girl but it should also be a new and modern name and also international sounding at the same time!
    pls help us!!

I love Padma (lotus) and I think with the popularity of Top Chef, it's probably more familiar to the world than before.

I also really love Priyanka (beautiful symbol)... had a schoolmate in Melbourne with this name and she was beautiful (in person and in personality) so I favour it quite a bit.

Another Indian name I like... Anjali (gift).

Sonia (meaning "golden") is an Indian name that's also a common Scandinavian, Russian, Spanish and English name - it's well known throughout the world. I like it a lot!

I also second the suggestion of Padma - I think it's very international now with Padma Lakshmi's fame.

Sanjali Ruth

My top suggestions if you want her to have a name the crosses a few cultures, is modern and popular yet still 100% Indian:

Elina- 'El' names are very popular and modern. This one is Greek, Finnish and Indian. It means smart in Indian and Bright torch light in the other two cultures. Elle/ Elly make very modern nick names too. Lina is another nickname option.

Maya- is a Top 100 name, it means water. It is Indian AND modern! It is also similar to other modern popular names like Mia. This would be a an excellent choice as it also has Greek origins so crossed cultures. Malaya is another option- have Maya as her nick name.

emiliaj
    BABY GIRL FINALLY DUE 5 October after 2 Years of IVF
    Delivery booked: Debuting on or before 26th September!

Current favourite name for our little Miss: Phoebe Eliza Grace
    Other (MNs probably) we like: Rose Eloise Matilda Madeleine Charlotte Eliza Violet Kate Jade Elizabeth Iris Scarlett Felicity Chloe

Current (but never to be used...) favourite boy names: Oliver Thomas Henry William Alexander Flynn Liam Hugo Isaac Bennett Nikolai Reid Edward nn Ned Gus Tobias Austin Blake