Girl NN ending with Ie or Y (Teddie vs Teddy)

Is there a rule where girl names end with ie where a boys ends with y? Thought I heard that.

We just had a baby girl and will be calling her Teddie but noticed some people spell it with an ie and others a y.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

You can also name her Teddi, which might be easier for her in the future to explain how to spell the name. "My name's Teddi, with an -i." Also, if you notice, it is one GP name of mine, so I'm all for it. Best of luck for you and your family.
    Aunt of Carlos Miguel (23.05.2005) and faux-aunt of friend's kiddo Bernardo José (21.04.2016)

My favorites (English):
    David Elias, James Buchanan, Howard Milo, Sebastian Hendrix, Darryl Evander, Jeremy Hunter, Harley Rocco
    Layla Evangeline, Hayley Maeve, Ophelia Hope, Avalyn Johanna, Harper Zenobia, Natalia Gretchen, Melinda Harlow

GP:
    Eli Beckett, Barton Kai, Jimi Juneau, Remy Etienne, Ty Bentley, Tomi Xavier
    ~
    Avri Nyx, Dani California, Sarai Cydonia, Romi Winter, Tali Ororo, Teddi Mae

There isn't a rule. You can spell it however you want but most people will probably spell it Teddy if you don't explicitly tell them otherwise.
    Ansel Grayer, Bodhi Coven, Elliot Denali, Etienne Rhodes, Ford Rafferty, Foster Knox, Jethro Merrick, Julian Everest, Koa Phoenix, Otto Pacey, Seaton Milo, Serephin Matteo, Shepherd Kellan, Theodore Viggo
    Anthea Fife, Caitrin Meadow, Callie Rue Eliza, Esmae Regina Poet, Farley Selene, Gaia Winter Maren, Hazel Verity Bliss, Kendra Hollow, Linnea Echo, Oona Maple, Phoebe Calla, Rosalind Vale, Rowena Fate, Sage Mirabai, Scarlet Macey

There is no rule! I prefer Teddie myself I believe there's an actor who named his daughter Teddie Eleanor Rose, which I think is lovely.

♥ h & j ♥ ~ 07/07/18
    👑: Lauren, Bethany, Amy, Kelly, Megan, Destiny, Marissa, Aaliyah
    👑: Daniel, Aaron, Ashton, Andrew, Matthew, Michael, Adam, Patrick