Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Olga, Ursula, Gertrude (although Trudy is cute)... they sound too hard and old. Yet, the language school I work at has suddenly had an influx of teenage Olgas from South America, Russia and Eastern Europe. I was surprised because I think of it as such an old name.

Neveah probably. Also boy names on girls. And I don't like Jaylin/Jayleigh/Kinley/etc. I don't like anything cutsie sounding or two nickname-y. A name I "should" like but can't stand is Claire- sounds to prissy and snobbish to me for some reason, despite it being a perfectly reasonable name. I must have some negative association I can't put my finger on.
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend... 6/9/07

Margot Helen
    Ingrid Naomi
    Zelda Irene

Gwyneth*Thea*Portia*Rosalind*Thalia

Ephraim Charles
    Linus Arthur
    Cedric Jame

Conrad*Leander*Cormac*Leopold*Casimir*Augustin*Sil as*Dexter*Alasdair

Charlotte. (I've never liked it), Nevaeh, Yasmin (reminds me of the birth control pill of the same name), Dorcas, Taylor (on a girl), most traditional boys names on a girl, and mostly any Kree8tivleigh spelled names.
    In current favor of...:
    Boys: Ian, John, Lincoln
    Girls: Marin, Lena, Mareina

Tiffany
    Theresa
    Hillary
    Anything too out there or too trendy. It makes me crazy that perfectly pretty names like Isabella sometimes get hijacked (in this case largely by a bunch of Twilight fans) and is used to the point that I have to use every bit of self control that I have to not do a giant eye roll every time I hear it now. And let me guess, you call her Bella. Ugh.

Phoebe, Courtney, Poppy, Gertrude, Beulah, Myrtle, Lola, Lulu, Luna, Mabel, Bailey, Piper, Harper, Willow, Sloane, Greer, most "Lil" names
    For a few of these, I've occasionally seen a really awesome middle name that complements the name in a way that makes it okay.
    Last edited by everwaiteing; April 18th, 2012 at 02:00 AM.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)