Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help us find a first name!

I'm new to Nameberry, and I have never posted on a forum about something like this before.

We struggle to agree on girl's names. So, it makes sense that we're having our second daughter this summer. Our first is named Helen Jane. We tend to prefer more classic/old fashioned names, or names with quality meanings. We try to stay away from the top 100 or up and coming names.

We used one family name for our first. We'd like to use one for our second. Right now, we're considering Irene for a middle name. We're having trouble finding a first name we like with Irene.

Here are our most discussed names:
    Some of them are on the rise now while others are more difficult to convince my husband to like as much as I do.

Hazel
    Olive
    Louisa/Louise
    Elsa/Elsie
    Rosa/Rose

Thoughts on these options? I'm very open to new ideas and suggestions too. Thanks for any and all help!

Hazel Irene sounds nice if you don't mind having two daughters with "H" names. My second choice would Louisa Irene. Have you thought about using Irena? I like it a little more than just Irene and it would still be honoring.
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeleine Hope, Linnea Ruby, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara ?, Fiona Violet, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte Eden Elizabeth, Eliza ?, Evelyn ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Drew, Evan Robert, Joel ?, Quinn ?, Dawson Cole, Griffin Miles, Judah Nathaniel, Greyson Jeremiah, Roman Isaiah

I love all your choices but with Irene I would choose Rose. Some others you might consider......

Alice
    Beatrice/Beatrix
    Cecily
    Bianca
    Claudia
    Evelyn
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

You have some beautiful names there already! Rose Irene is stunning. If you're still looking for other options, with Helen Jane maybe..

Olivia Irene
    Livia Irene
    Elspeth Irene
    Elizabeth Irene
    Rosalie Irene
    Agnes Irene
    Anna Irena
    Beatrice Ereni
    Celia Irene
    Claire Irene
    Claira/Clara Irene
    Diana Irene
    Frances Irene
    Grace Irene
    Katherine Irene
    Laura Irene
    Lara Irene
    Mara Irene
    Martha Irene
    Marguerite Irene
    Margot Irene
    Rachel Irene
    Ruth Irene
    Sarah Irene
    Rena Hazel
    Rena Louise
    Renee Louise
    Ereni Olive
    Irena Rose

Would love to hear what you come up with!

Edit: Oh & maybe Sophia Irene?
    Last edited by lee1981; May 15th, 2014 at 05:56 PM.

I adore Louisa/Louise with Helen.
    I'm not loving wither with Irene but it's generally a hard name to work with in the middle spot, or so I think.
    It depends how much you want the name to flow and how much you just want a nice combo with two names that you love.

PS. I love the suggestion of Celia Irene.
    Polly

Ophelia "Ellie" | Penelope "Peppi" | Rose "Rosie"

August | Elliott "Otti" | Theo