Names Searched Right Now:
Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Yeah, Neveah. I think that name is just ridiculous. Teagan is another one that just makes me cringe. I really can't stand any name that has a harsh G sound in it. Reminds me of a booger, or something gross. Any name that is a person, place or thing, and not a "real" name - Apple, Lyric, Princess, Moonbeam, Cupcake...you get the drift. Youneek spellings - all of them. Why would you purposely create a problem for your child? Compound names like Ellianna, Annabelle, etc. They're too much and sound like they're trying too hard to be pretty. Place names - Brooklyn, London, Paris. No thanks. (oh, I guess those would fall into my person, place or thing category!) Last names used as first names, like Emerson -not bad for boys, but horrendous on girls... which brings me to boys names on girls in general. First off, anything that has the meaning "son of..." anything should be avoided for a girl! I also hate that names like Parker, Peyton, and Riley are being used on girls. This list could get longer, but I think I'll stop, now! lol!

Gretchen - I don't like the "retch" in there
    Nevaeh, et al. - If you spell it any way other than Nevaeh it is no longer Heaven backwards
    Orchid - I love the flower, but in medicine orchi- has to do with a part of male anatomy.

Most hated girls names?

Christine
    and any name or nickname that begins with the "Chris" sound...Christina, Chris, Krista, Christy, Crystal, Kristyn and on and on and on. I thought (hoped!) this name and all the variations and spellings thereof had died of extreme overwork long ago but a fairly close relative named her daughter Christina in 2011. Of course, the sweet baby is often called "Christy," which I dislike most especially.
    Forty-something mom to three teenage girls and an eleven-year-old boy
    Foster mom to two sweet sisters born Aug 2011 and Sept 2012 and another wee girl born Aug 2013

I don't want to go through all the trendy names, because that seems quite obvious, but for some reason I have an irrational dislike of Iris and Sylvia. Others off the top of my head:

Wilma
    Ursula
    Evelyn
    Sharon
    Karen
    Barbara
    Agnes
    Chanel, Mercedes etc.
    Beulah
    Tiffany
    Britney
    Dorcas
    Devon
    Helen
    Charlene
    Margie - Margaret is OK, but I hate the nn Margie
    Mildred
    Sheila

Have to agree with the others on Nevaeh. I did hear it once when I liked it, but I'm sad to say that was on a baby who was stillborn. Seemed appropriate for a little angel. But most cases it's just really contrived.

Working as a bingo caller I hear some oldies that are pretty tragic. Eunice, Gertrude, Treveleen, Hester, and Joycelyn (not Jocelyn, Joy-celyn) all come to mine.
    Mother to Evelyn Heather and Callum Richard

Currently loving: Annabel, Hamish, Bethany, Liam, Violet, Lachlan, Isla, Lennon, Amelie, Callum, Claire, Reuben, Fiona, Rowan, Aurora, Connor, Ever