Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rue, True, Truly?

I've had a long standing love affair with the name Rue (before I had even heard of The Hunger Games, haha). I am also warming up to the idea of True, largely because it is almost Rue. My SO dislikes both Rue and True, but is partial to Truly...

I am having a hard time shaking the Sister Wives association from that one. What do you think? Are any of them usable? If you had to use one, which would it be?

I feel like Rue is gaining in usability due to the Hunger Games' popularity.

I know a boy named True, so that's definitely usable. Obviously, Rue is usable, but I think that if you named your baby Rue, people would automatically assume you had gotten the name from Hunger Games. I don't know about Truly, it sounds a bit like Trudy to me, and I don't like that.
    If I had to use one, it'd definitely be True, just because I've always loved that name
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Girls: Seraphine, Kristabel, Magdalena, Shiloh, Opal, Jobie, Calla, Seeley, Noelle, Mara, Lucille

Boys: Robin, Gabriel, Mackenzie, Nash, Phillip, Raphael, Edmund, Abraham, Lewis, Pierce, Link

Current Crushes: Mackie and Devlin

I think of the 80s My Little Ponys when I hear Truly... but then I don't watch Sister Wives. True isn't really my style. I like Rue. I think it doesn't really matter if people think you got it from the Hunger Games. Lots of people use names from Literature.
    Wanting to be pregnant.

I don't really like any of them, but would definitely choose Rue or True over Truly. I associate Rue more with Rue McClanahan than the Hunger Games, but that's because I just heard of the Hunger Games a couple of weeks ago. Rue and True both feel nicknamey to me, True for Truman and Rue for.. I don't know what. Truly just makes me think of "yours truly."

I think they are all usable. Truly intrigues me, but I am partial to all of them.
    Looking for a unique yet legitimate name, check out my growing database of names, I have names from Albanian to Yiddish http://legitbabenames.wordpress.com