Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help pick!

Help pick!

Deciding between Annie Madeline or Callan Avery....but also open to suggestions

We also debated:
    Annie Callan
    Annie Harper
    Annie Carys
    Hadley Anabel
    Hadley Callan
    Callan Harper

Baby girl will be joining big brother Evan Matthew in 4 weeks!

Annie Madeline! Very sweet. Hadley Anabel would be my second choice--I also like the idea of Anabel Harper, nn Annie.

Callan Avery strikes me as quite masculine. I have met a girl named Callan (not sure how she spelled it--might have been Callyn or Callen instead), and I know Avery is quite popular for girls, but when I look at Evan Matthew and Callan Avery together, I can't help but think that they'd both be boys, although the girly, sweet nn Callie might help. I think using a girly MN would help Callan feel more usable on a girl, too--like Callan Anabel or Callan Carys? Besides, Evan and Annie are just too cute together.

Good luck!
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

I agree that Callan sounds pretty masculine. I know one boy named Cullen and a bunch more named Collin, and Callan sounds too close to those for me to be comfortable. For some reason I like Collins though, maybe just because I've seen it on a girl before (even if she was in a movie). I love the name Hadley and I think it sounds okay with Callan if you're set on using that. Still, Annie does sound the best with Evan, so I'd vote for Annie Madeline.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Girls: Seraphine, Kristabel, Magdalena, Shiloh, Opal, Jobie, Calla, Seeley, Noelle, Mara, Lucille

Boys: Robin, Gabriel, Mackenzie, Nash, Phillip, Raphael, Edmund, Abraham, Lewis, Pierce, Link

Current Crushes: Mackie and Devlin

Annie Madeline's gorgeous, love Annie and Madeleine as names, and together they make a beautiful combo. Callan sounds too close to Evan for me with the -an ending, and the combo feels too unisex to me, I feel if you use a unisex name it needs to be paired with a gender defining middle, which Avery isn't. The sibset of Evan and Annie though is just too adorable to pass up.

Definitely Annie Madeleine! Callan is a gorgeous boy name. With Evan and Callan, it would sound like 2 sons. Annie is one of my all time favs!