Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Sibset help?

Sibset help?

Hello Berries
    Happy Valentines Day!
    I love to make sibsets, but I have a few names that I have trouble pairing with sibling names. What would you name a brother and sister to:
    Isadora or Isidora (I've never been able to pick a spelling I like)
    Selene
    Coraline

and

Orion
    Augustus
    Cassius
    Perseus

I need more help with my boys list than my girls. My list is in my signature but feel free to suggest whatever names you think go best.
    Thanks, HTB
    Last edited by hardertobreathe; February 15th, 2014 at 12:00 AM.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    Zoe, Veronica, Selene, Thalia, Magdalena, Adeline, Alice, Cleo, Isadora/Isidora, & Phoebe

Dimitri, Gregory, Augustus, Jude, Tobias, Jason, Leo, Orion, Samuel, & Charles

Crushing On: Nicoletta, Louisa, Ariadne & Benjamin, Nico, Peregrine

Have a fabulous day!

Regarding the Isadora/Isidora spelling issue: I think the spelling with the "i" is more authentic but most people would be more familiar with the Isadora spelling. I like Selene with Isadora but Coraline is too similar in sound (the strong "or"). From your signature names, I think Veronica, Thalia, Magdalena, Amelia, Sibyl, Althea, Selena (although I prefer the Selina spelling when ending in "a" instead of "e"), Evangeline and Cassandra would be fine for sisters for Isadora's siblings. Other suggestions: Alethea, Cosima, Raphaela, Annabel/Mirabel, Arabella/Araminta, Artemisia, Damiana, Emmeline (not with Coraline of course) and Susannah.

Are you pronouncing Coraline as "line" or "leen"?For Coraline, I like Veronica and Tessa on your list. Other suggestions: Juliet, Maxima, Damaris, Lucinda, Roxana, Juniper (if you don't mind the nature theme), Lyra, Sunniva, Elodie, Marina, Esme, Felicity/Verity, Viveca, Junia and Zara.

For Selene (two or three syllable pronunciation? I use three myself), I like Isadora, Zoe/Phoebe/Chloe(but only with a two syllable pronunciation), Thalia, Magdalena, Cleo, Iris, Althea and Cassandra. Other suggestions: Artemis (another name for Selene), Lydia, Camilla, Dahlia, Freya, Laetitia, Octavia, Cassia, Theodosia, Magnolia, Natalia, Azalea and Tatiana.

From your post, I'm not sure if you need more help with your boys or girls list because you the statement " I need more help with my boys list than my boys" ).

I don't think you should use three names that end in "s". I like Orion and Cassius and Orion and Augustus. I'm not crazy about Perseus.

Orion/Cassius/Augustus: Jude, Felix, Dimitri, Asher and Jasper are my faves your list and I would suggest something more unusual like Zephyr, Lysander/Evander/Leander, Virgil, Ulysses, Crispin, Tristan, Raphael, Apollo, Calix, Horatio, Valerian, Voltaire, Philemon, Matteo, Phineas, Inigo, Valentine, Emeric, Viggo, Aurelius/Aurelian, Lambert, Hugo, Rodolfo, Magnus, Ezekiel and Dante.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

polina
    eighteen
    french/russian/swedish
    living in st. petersburg, russia
    university sophomore
    name snob

clementine ・ jemima ・ harriet ・ mabel
    felix ・ sebastian ・ milo ・ oliver

@mischa- That is my delima with Isadora, familiarity vs the original spelling. I pronounce Coraline 'line'. I use the 2 syllable pronunciation for Selene, but when she goes to Greece I know it will be pronounced with 3 syllables, which I like as well; but I will use the 2 syllable. I didn't mean I was going to use Selene, Isidora/Isadora and Coraline together, or Perseus, Augustus, Cassius, and Orion (I really hate it when siblings names rhyme). I just have a hard time picking what I would use for siblings for all of these names so I put them all in one post. I like your suggestions of Raphaela & Mirabel for Isadora's sisters, for Coraline I like Marina, Esme, Felicity, & Verity, for Selene I like Cassia, Natalia, & Azalea.
    For boys, I meant I needed more help with them than girls, I fixed the typo, thanks for pointing it out!
    I love Perseus because I really love the myth and the Percy Jackson series was the first book series I ever loved (his full name was Perseus and I love the nn Percy), so the name has meaning to me. I like your suggestion of Tristan, Raphael, Ulysses, & Valentine. Ulysses is a bit out there, but I do know one (who spells it Ulises), so I guess it is usable. Valentine has so much teasing potential, but I do really love it and would consider it for a middle. I really like Leander and Evander, but I have characters with these names. I actually had a lot of characters with names you suggested (Natalia, Emmeline, Lyra, Cassia, & Camilla, etc). Thanks for your help!

@polina- I like your suggestions of Cordelia, Clara, Julius, Luna, Jasper, Thisbe, Adelaide, Felix, Gideon, Cybele (but I much prefer Sibyl), & Daphne (which is my mom's name). Thanks for all your help!
    Current Favorites:
    Zoe, Veronica, Selene, Thalia, Magdalena, Adeline, Alice, Cleo, Isadora/Isidora, & Phoebe

Have a fabulous day!

I'm going to bump this.
    Any more opinions on siblings for Isadora/Isidora, Selene, Coraline, Perseus, Orion, Cassius, and Augustus? Individual sibsets per name, not using them together. Thanks!!!
    HTB
    Last edited by hardertobreathe; February 15th, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
    Current Favorites:

Have a fabulous day!