Brighid (not uncommon I just like it)

Boys
    Oisin
    Eoin or Eoghan
    Malachy
    Ronan
    Tadgh
    Finian
    Ailbe, which according to wikipedia has also been spelt Ailbhe, Elfeis, Ailfyw, & Ailvyw.
    Aodhán, which isn't unusual but I like it.

Obviously these all mix and match but I think my choice for 2 boys and 2 girls would be:

Saoirse Aislinn, Malachy Ronan, Fionnuala Eireen, & Aodhán Oisin.
    or
    Aoife Sinead, Saoirse Morgan, Finnegan Tadhg, & Corbin Ruaidhri
    Last edited by stripedsocks; June 18th, 2012 at 09:50 PM.

I also like Sorcha for a girl. My older brother dated a girl with this name once and it was lovely.

I don't have any good name suggestions but I just want to send a big congrats! 4 ??? How fun is that! Lol sounds so exciting, enjoy!

Crunchymama - The top Irish names are pretty much what was popular in that USA about 20 years ago. Stephanie, Laura, Emily, Sarah, Amy and Megan are still in the top 20, mixed in with a few Irish classics. Shauna, Jennifer, Susan, Jessica, Nicole, and Amber are in the top 50. This is going by 2010 stats are the 2011 stats haven't been released yet. The also only release 100, they don't release the top 1000.

OP, I can't believe you are considering Finnegan and Rafferty when you live in Ireland. Those are amongst the most common surnames in the country and the surname trend definitely hasn't taken off there, if the statistics from the past few years are anything to go by. Very daring choices! Just be prepared for the fact that your sons may have the same fn as other kids surnames in their class in school.

My recommendations would be Oisin and Tadhg for boys, and Aoibheann and Roisin for girls. Familiar, yet underused. Good luck no matter what you choose, and best of luck with your quadruplets.
    Last edited by strawberry shortcake; June 18th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Grace, Early 20's and Bride-to-Be...Dreaming of Future Babies.

Lucy Primrose, Alice Juliette, Rose Charlotte, Madeline Sophie, Lillian Faye, Ivy Elena, Amélie Winter.
    Mae Seraphina nn Maisy, Phoebe Luna, Annabella Violet, Kate Susannah.
    Noah Samuel, Rory Joshua, Luca Gabriel, Isaac Beau, Louis Daniel, Henry Rowan, William Elliott, Roman Alexander.

For boys, I like

Cormac
    Fintan
    Darragh
    Eamonn
    Coll
    Cian
    Niall

For girls i like:

Liadan!
    Aislinn
    Eilis