Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    A girl I know named her boy Keevan which is the male form of Caiomhe/Keeva - Looked up the Gaelic spelling and it's Caoimheán. I like Finnegan but reminds me of a rhyme someone used to sing in primary school.
    As someone mentioned above, not sure on the name popularity in Ireland - I'm from Glasgow so a good few Irish Gaelic names pop up now and then.
    For girls, I'm pretty sure Orlaith (Or-la) is popular though, as it's rising here.
    How about Aerin (Ae-rin or Eh-rin) - apparently it means Ireland, according to Thinkbabynames.com
    Brannagh (Bran-nah), Caoilainn (Cay-lin), Caragh/Caera (Car-a), Darcy (Dars-ae), Maebh (May-v), Rhari (Rory)

this is the site I seen a few on - http://www.babynamesofireland.com/irish-girl-names

Boys - I quite like Seamus with nn Shay. It's cute. But you're pretty much sorted with boy names by the looks of things!
    My beautiful girl - Ava Aurora Elizabeth

Dia dhuit,
    Well...If you are set on something super unusual, I do like your idea of using the surname Rafferty. As you´re Irish I generally would recommend against asking Americans for Gaelic name ideas. All those Irish name lists for Americans are full of errors. Just look at some of the broad/slender vowel errors and pronunciation errors above. Trying to avoid top ONE THOUSAND using Gaelic names in Ireland sounds really really hard. Do you mean that literally? By the way, I do love Orla in all its spellings as one commentor suggested. What about Eilis or Sibeal (no fada button here sorry) ? I was just thinking of unusual gaelicisations of names. Like your ideas anyway and I would never worry about being too matchy, but that´s just me.
    Good luck!
    Kate

Congratulations on your quads! I'm quite American and know very little about Gaelic names, but I do really like Tiarnan (sp? I've always seen it spelled Tiernan in America, but if you use the original spellings for all the others, I would definitely keep to the traditional here!), Rafferty, Finnegan, Ruaidhri, Aoife, and Saoirse. Most of the Gaelic/Irish names I like and can think of will probably be to mainstream to you... but I have a friend who lives in Ireland and is a member of this site, so I'll PM her for you and see if she has any great ideas to pass along. For what it's worth, I think Rafferty, Finnegan, Aoife, and Saoirse would be perfect for quadruplets!

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

I know that these may be in the top 1000, but what about Riley? I love that name! How about using it for a girl? Rhylee maybe?
    I also like: Liam, Brody and Declan.
    Not too sure about girls names, i do like Kiera and Tallulah though.

Let us know what you pick! Good luck and Congrats!

Not sure the popularity but here are some suggestions......

Male:
    Gannon- Fair-skinned
    Arlen- pledge
    Keir- dark skinned
    Curran- hero
    Daly- advisor
    Galen- calm
    Tierran- lordly
    Cian- ancient, enduring
    Eoghan-born of the yew tree
    Ferris- rock

Either:
    Morgance
    Carlin- little champion
    Eadoin-blessed with many friends
    Fallon- in charge
    Ronan- little seal

Female:
    Keelin- slender, fair
    Aislinn- inspiration
    Aine-pleasure delight
    Ailis- truth
    Liadan- gray lady
    Maeve- cause of great joy
    Maille- form of molly
    Maire- bitter
    Meara- merry
    Muireann, Muirenn- sea white, sea fair
    Niamh, Niav- radiance, brightness
    Siobhan- god is gracious
    Tullia-quiet and peaceful
    Eilis- consecrated to God
    Auntie to Connor Douglas (June 2012) & Parker Isabella (Oct 2013)

~*Ariadne*Celeste*Esmé*Deirdre*Linnéa*~
    ~*Cian*Everett*Julian*Soren*Theodore*~

My full list here. Please comment and I'll comment on yours
    I believe that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

(Not currently expecting or TTC)