Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Even though I still associate it with Topanga Lawrence from Boy Meets World, I think its usable now and days. I mean the show ended about 10 years or so ago. Its not like kids being born in this day and age will really know about it.

I like it and I grew up in Topanga Canyon, while regularly watching Boy
    Meets World. I say go for it. I honestly don't know what the pp's mean by "teasing potential". I just don't see a way that a child could be bullied for having the name Topanga. Just because it was a character on a show? And an admirable character at that. Doesn't make sense as a reason not to use it.

Wasn't Topanga Lawrence was teased for her name?

Also, while Boy Meets World isn't popular anymore, it's still played on TV and the series Girl Meets World is starting soon, with Topanga and Cory being the parents of the main character.
    Last edited by scarletrune; July 16th, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

It is Boy Meets World all the way. It would be funny to meet a Topanga.

I don't care for the name because it makes me think of flamingos (for some reason) or penguins, and I do associate it with Boy Meets World. If you live by Topanga Canyon, though, it may be more usable in your area since others would also be familiar with the canyon.
    Last edited by iamamiam; July 17th, 2013 at 12:02 AM.