Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I think I have to agree with your husband that narrowing down your options to fit with a 'theme' is very limiting. I've noticed on her that people from the us are obsessed with mathing 'sibsets'. I have to say I don't understand it. Although your sister thought her name was short and you were upset about only having one middle name has it really affected your life? I'd suggest not so whilst your daughter may give a fleeting though to why her sisters names have there syllable whilst she has two it's fairly easy to explain - you gave then names you loved and it just so happened that one had two syllables. Personally I'd go for the shorter one very time, especially with two mns and a double-barrel surname - that's a lot of name (no offence meant).
    Basically if you love Thea then go with it.
    Remember that your kids will only live together for a short time in their lives then they will prob live separately and be known separately - not as a group

Oh!!!! Just thought of another one which could be perfect...Xanthia nn Thia (or you could change the spelling to Xanthea nn Thea), which is a Greek name that means yellow. I really like this name and you get your nn Thia/Thea.

gwensmom thanks! We considered Thalia/Talia but I'm not a big fan really, we would pronounce it Tah-lee-a or Tal-ee-a but it's a bit too trendy here now unfortunately which is one of the reasons I'm not keen. We know of a few girls with the name now.

Ooo thanks, some lovely suggestions. I agree it's not an ideal situation and logically rationally speaking it is daft to fixate on the number of syllables and names which end the same. But I am who I am and if it's worrying me now, it may bother me forever. The children are all individuals and deserve names which are different but I still like the idea that they are different but still 'connected'?

Otherwise yes Thea is lovely, not common and not trendy and should be fine. hmmmm

Of suggestions I really like

Cassia
    India
    Jemima
    Gabriella
    Sapphira - dh liked this but does sound a bit like a car called zafira?

Not sure on Saskia as would probably get shortened to Sas/Sassy rather than Kia? But then Kia is also a car isn't it

Dh has vetoed a few of those mentioned already, and while is willing to discuss names further finds it hard as he's been imagining the baby is already called Thea - which I've also been trying to do, but this issue is still bothering me

Oh and I REALLY like Xanthia/Zanthia but I know someone with a daughter called Xanthe and while only going to bump into this person once a year if that it doesn't feel as original to us? Will definitely give it a think.

bancios - thankyou, nice to know I'm not alone! Your girls names are lovely, I understand how difficult it is to find a name that you're happy with, especially hard when you've used such lovely ones already!