Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    to be honest, I think simplicity is really underrated. I mean, I can't stand all the dogs named Bailey and Chloe, but with a name, the most important thing is that it will stick. My cat's named Sammy, because the shelter named her Libby which I thought was stupid. Is Sammy a boring name? Yes. Would I change it? No. I also recently vowed to,
    if I ever get a doggie, to name him Augie. And yes, I love Kitty for a cat, or even any other animal. Doesn't mean I wouldn't wanna get creative, it just means I'd rather go with something simple than something unwieldy.

Don't have a pet currently, but i had many hermet crabs and goldfish as a kid! I remember naming them things from "Present and Lucky" to "Drake and Josh" to "Cinderella and Belle". I'm hopefully getting a white Persian cat soon and will probably name him Presley after my mother's obsession with Elvis Presley! I can have my little King of Rock
    Right Now I would name them...
    ∆ Ellis Apollo • Vesper Aurelia ∆

∆ Casper Aloysius • Reverie Antonia ∆

Guilty Pleasures ...

Sailor . Waverly . Ever . Harlow . Elliot . Jasper . Lirit . Muse . Egypt . Ireland . Primrose . Calypso . Rowan

I agree. I work for a cat rescue. I always try to give them unique names when they come in although a lot of the time their new owners will write to us saying something along the lines of "thank you for letting us adopt ___ who we have now renamed Felix." I always try and name all my pets my guilty pleasure names, names that i love but wouldn't use on my future children. Only have 1 dog at the moment called Connor. He was already named this when I rescued him and he was 6 years old at the time so couldn't really change his name. I love it though, quite common for a child but you don't really hear that name for a dog.
    ~~~
    Future Mother of:
    Lincoln Reed
    Blair Ivy
    Henry August

↓ ↓ ↓ PLEASE VOTE ↓ ↓ ↓
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9666702

I don't like human names for animals because then I either associate the name as a "pet name" only and find it odd on humans or the other way around. For example Lola and Roxy are dog names and I can't picture them on humans thanks to people who name there pets that. Some names are also "cow names" thanks to so many cows being named Clarabelle or Betty or whatever, etc.

So I wish people would not use human names for animals.

Cats RIP all of them girls
    Angel
    Toby
    Frankie

My mom's cat
    Dora

Dogs RIP
    Lincoln aka Linc
    Sonny

My dog is named Pistol. My husband adopted her before we met & she came with the name Crystal. Crystal was also the name of one of his room mates at the time...so that wouldn't work! He didn't want to give her a name that would be confusing & unfamiliar to her so Pistol worked!

I find shelter names to usually be so odd...like more people names than pet names!