Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Red face Clementine, Dagny, Hypatia, Pandora, and Tallulah

We brought home a new fur baby last night. She's a tiny little Birman mix kitten. We had to euthanize our Persian, Leopold, 6 months ago. I've never grieved so hard for anything, ever. In all honesty, I'm still grieving, but our other boy Sebastian was starting to act out so we decided it was time to adopt a friend for him.

She's a sweetheart. A toe biter. Curious as only a cat can be. She's found sections of the house I never even knew existed! She hides when startled, understandably in a new house, but she comes bouncing back out seconds later, so I'm pretty sure she's quite courageous (or perhaps just too curious). I haven't had time yet to really observe her personality, so that's all I've got at the moment. So far, she seems very much a people cat. She slept pressed so close to me last night I'm now in pain from not moving all night for fear of killing her. Hah.

I'm trying to upload a photo, but I'm not sure it's working. If it did, please ignore my hideous couch. I hate it, but it's a good couch and I can't see spending money on a new one when this one is just fine. If it didn't she's the typical Birman colors, cream colored long fur with dark brownish points on her face and ears. I don't think all her colors have come out yet. Her eyes are the deepest sapphire blue. She's really quite pretty.

Anywho.

We're considering Clementine, Dagny, Hypatia, Pandora, and Tallulah. Any other name suggestions? Thoughts on the names we have? Boyfriend loves Dagny, I love Hypatia, we both love all the others. We like elegant names for cats, though we tend to give them silly nicknames as well.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I really like Dagny, Pandora, and Tallulah from your list. But I may be a bit biased about Tallulah, because I've wanted to name a cat that for ages so that I can also call her Tally Cat or Lula!
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling

Yeah, Tallulah was scoring pretty high on my facebook post. Then one of my best friends said she wants that name for her baby (she's due in a week and it's supposed to be a boy-- but I wouldn't do that to her. Known her since we were 5). Tallulah is out. Dagny and Pandora are the other names scoring high right now. Going to play with her a few more days and try both names on, as well as any others that pop into our heads.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I like Pandora. You can call her Panda. XD
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

Pandora is a guilty pleasure of mine but I would never use it for a child due to the mythological story behind it. However, I've always thought it would make a wonderful and magical name for a cat. The Birman breed is one of my favourite cat breeds. They're really gorgeous. Does she have little white socks on her paws? If I didn't have allergies, I would get a Birman myself. A cat named Pandora would be lovely.
    All the best,
    Mischa.