Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    First family cats were Licorice (Licky), Thomasina (after the Gallico book), and Mittens (the name was ironic. he was over 20 lbs and terrifying).
    Since that time: Cats Caspian (nn Fuzzy or the Fuzz Monster, an Angora) and Tamsin (aka Beaky). Then a mouse named Jeremiah. Then cats: Luigi, Nicholasa (after Nicholasa Mohr, the author, nn Nicki or Ninny), Charlie who became Milo after my 2 yr old son saw Milo and Otis; Bill George, the kitten of Milo and Nicki's named by the same 2 yr old son the only two names he knew: Bill, from the song Soliloquy from Carousel that his father would sing to him and George, from Curious George; and Mao. Added cats were foster kittens: Louis (after my great-uncle Louis), Taffy, Ginger, and Linnet. Then Tybalt, the Prince of Cats, also called Pikachu ( a nn he hates). Finally: Shofar, because he was born on Rosh Hashanah, Pip (who died last year of lymphoma) because he was an orphan, Simon (Simey) from the character Simey in Margaret Mahy's novel The Nargun and the Stars, and Duncan, after the Barbara Samuels picture book, Duncan and Dolores.
    Dogs: Babe (no, I didn't name her; the Scot who did had never heard of the movie), a border collie; Stormin' Norman, a Newfie we called Normy; Blue, an Aussie (it wasn't his name but he did deign to answer to it, we found him on the street), and my current border collie, Annabel May, called May or May-dog.
    Rabbits: Bracken (he was bad but we loved him), Midnight, and Roger, a Flemish giant (we didn't name him) who was evil, lol.
    Hamsters: Petunia, who came out of the wall of my apartment in Brooklyn, and Ricki the Ninja hamster who fought off Milo, Nicki, Bill George and Mao one night after she got out of her cage.
    Frogs: assorted Freddy Frangas, either bullfrogs or leopard frogs, named by my weird son, along with various firebelly toads named Brownish and Greenish and Orangish. Also Skipper, my beloved Pacific tree frog, who inspired my first science book.
    Turtles: Eleazar and Dvora, spotted turtles, Moshe, a snapping turtle, and Batsheva, my Eastern box turtle. I've had dozens of turtles, but those were the most noteworthy-named.
    Two stupid budgies: Jay and Sky. (as in blue)
    Guinea Pig: Shadow.
    Innumerable gerbils all named Whiskers.
    Rats: The best named one was my daughter's Risa, who did odd pagan dances around strawberries before eating them.
    Horses: Gilligan and Secret Storm (Stormy). Horses by and large come with names. You only get to nn them. I called Gilligan Red. Not very original but he was a 17.5 sorrel Irish jumper.

I'm tired of the dog names: Max, Molly, Maggie, and Tucker.

That being said... we have three dogs: Maggie (chocolate lab), Lola (poodle), and Bruno (yorkie).
    Had a great cat named Hercules (Herc), but he recently passed and I now have a cat named Pablo (which everyone seems to think his name is actually Pedro...).

I think we have used some pretty unique names but also some pretty boring ones, I will list all the ones I can remember.

-Cats-
    Scooter & Sassy (We had them at the same time so they kind of went together)
    Murphy
    Fred
    Willie
    Jack
    Charlie

-Dogs-
    Shasta
    Lacey

-Birds-
    Freebird
    Babe
    Sabrina

-Hamsters/Mice-
    Balthazar
    Apollo
    Shysie

-Fish-
    Buster (7 years old and still kickin/swimming)
    Hoover
    Dyson
    Junior
    Can't remember the names of others that I used to have.

Those were all pets I had growing up or my parents have right now.
    Soon I will be moving and getting my own puppy, I have 2 names picked out Kraemer or Cagney. Cagney is to match with my parents dog Lacey. I also have a long list of names I like for future pets.

My cats are Anya & Olga (sister) & Luna (dark grey & we got her on halloween)

Previous cats in my family
    Ruffles
    Bambam & Pebbles
    Mum to Jude Michael

Current Dogs:
    Chewie (named after Chewbacca)
    Bella (named after Bellatrix Lestrange)

Cats:
    Oliver (because Oliver & Company was a childhood favorite)
    Chloe
    Jinx
    Louis (French pronunciation)
    Jingles

Past Names for pets:
    Spike
    Tiffany
    Murphy
    Mazee
    Sparky
    Sassy
    Willow

I've always wanted to name my pets more unique names, but my mother always had the final say. I would love to have a dog named Pikachu or Gizmo. I know someone who named their cat Simba, which I thought was such a cliche name. Then again, this was the same person who adopted a rescued dog named Hercules and renamed him Billy.