Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    My very first pet was a goldfish called Wanda, as in A Fish Called Wanda. I was only 4 or so and had begged for a fish and my mum would only let me have one if called it Wanda :P .

Our darling Golden Retriever who my parents got before I was born was called Molly. I do know they spent ages trying to find the perfect name for her, and my dad is so picky about names! It suited her really well. Her show name was Pansy Platinum Princess, which sort of makes up for the fairly ordinary Molly.

When I was very young I also had a rabbit called Flopsy, a guinea pig called Lulu and a hamster called Susannah who mostly went by Suzie. Oh, and I also had three rats. The first one's full name was Samuel Whisker but we mostly called him Sammy, then I got two together called Reggie and Ronnie (more parental influence there, except this time I was actually bribed to name them that!).

Now we have rescue goldie called Tova who already had her name when we got her. We thought about changing it to Clover or Nova but her name really suits her. Plus we get to call her Toto . We also have a hamster called Miss Fluffy McWoo who is usually Missy or Fluffy.

Some other good pet names I've heard:
    Myfanwy Bonington Boots "Myffy"- one of my mum's old cats, named after climber Chris Bonington as she was one of life's climbers
    Dizzy- another of my mum's
    Frieda- my aunt's cat
    Sykes
    Cloud
    Pippin
    W h a t ' s . . .

Adelaide | Harriet | Clara | Morgana | Rose
    Edmund | Wilfred | Asa | Jesse | Nathaniel

. . . n e x t ?

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post
    Our cat is named Grue, after the grues in Zork, the videogame. "It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue." Our little all-black cat makes a good Grue.
    Quoting myself to say Grue now has a little brother. We got a fluffy all-white kitten from a rescue, and his name is Nimbus, 'cause he looks like a cloud.

I have a friend who named his dog Bo, with the last name Rito.
    When I was 8 and got a dog, I wasn't original, her name was Brownie. But when I get a dog again, if it's a boy dog, Chester, a girl would be Edie.

My grandpa has a dog named Yogi because the dog always does the yoga pose Downward Facing Dog. I thought that was really original.
    Petra Judith
    Sebastien Maël

I grew up with two farm dogs: Nick and Socks (cause he was all golden except for his white paws). And one cat: Doobie Jackooder (an inside joke... ).

And now my siblings have cats that often come for family events: Lady Sassafras and Roo ("nephew" to my sister-in-law's Tigger). My sister (the one who Lady Sassafras belongs to) hopes to some day have a dog named Lord Ellington.

I'd like to think we've been pretty creative in our family!
    Last edited by muchachacristiana; May 2nd, 2012 at 12:47 AM.