Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Our cats are named Jhumpa and Copernicus. We recently had to put down our beloved Cafe con Leche. I have to give credit to my husband for the names.

When I was 3 I named my cat Teetat! I wouldn't let anyone call him anything besides that. Over my life I've had...

Cats/Dogs
    Tomcat (my grandma's), Lady (my great grandma's dog), Maxine (miniature pinscher), Shadow (black cat), Stignacious Alexander aka Stig (cat), Frosty (cat), The Cat (I wanted so badly to name him Cuddly! But he wasn't very cuddly...)

Birds
    Fluffy (duck), Mi & Yo (as in "my bird, yo bird", lovebirds)

Small Mammals
    Angel (my sister's hamster...who ironically was NOT an angel), Jack (my brother's hamster)

Fish/Other
    Muchacho & Muchacha and Queen Liliuokalani (hermit crabs), Neo (fish), Kijivu (means "Gray" in Swahili, fish), Mango (my grandma's, huge fish)

My current pets are Pepper (dachshund), Lacy (lab mix), Beignet (chihuahua/dachshund mix), Tiger (cat), Mickey & Tuesday (sibling cats), and Brett Lampnoodle (hermit crab). I'd say my family's pretty creative with pet names!
    18-year-old, not-so-average boy with an obsession for baby names and animals.

My Favorite Names~

Girls: Astrid, Athena, Coraima, Courtenay, Darcy, Kassia, Kimarie, Lindsay, Maryelle, Misty, Promise, Saba, Shaylene, Sky, Thalia, Tifany, Zooey

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Dade, Erik, Fable, Garrett, Harvey, Indigo, Isaac, Kasey, Mark, Sage, Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zane

Click here to vote on my name list!

@ShellezBellez First of all, my deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved friend. I can't even imagine what a wreck I'm going to be when my 19-year-old kitty finally passes on. Second, I am so sorry if I offended you about the names issue. I should clarify and say that my issue isn't with those names themselves so much as the process behind naming animals. What really bothers me is when people don't put any thought into their pets' names and just reach for any old generic name, because they ARE family members and I feel like some thought should go into picking a name that fits them. You clearly put a lot of love and thought into naming Molly, and I commend you for it, because that's how it should be. I certainly wasn't trying to "berate" anyone. And for the record, I would NEVER say to a client who, for example, just introduced their new kitten Tiger "Oh, how unoriginal." It isn't uncommon though for people in the veterinary "business" to become a little jaded, and I was just airing a, forgive the pun, "pet peeve".

@Romy I agree that all people who give their pets a common name are not lazy. If it fits, it fits whether it is common or not. I just want people to think about it when they are naming their animals! I have been known to try out different names on a cat until finding the one that is just right. Sometimes my more creative attempts just don't work! We had a foster cat for a while that my mom and brothers insisted on naming Lily. I resisted, and tried out names like Aspen and Azure before finally conceding that yes, she was a Lily.

@Paola_w Cafe con Leche is adorable! When I foster litters of kittens I like to give them theme names, and I've been thinking about doing a coffee theme next (Espresso, Latte, Macchiato, etc.).

And in general I have no problem with giving pets human names! One of our family's cats is named Penelope Ann! She has lots of nicknames...
    Name-obsessed future veterinarian who currently only has babies of the feline variety (Sedona, Loki, Oliver, and Penelope). Enjoys doting upon her much younger cousins: Alexandra Michal, Jordan Liam, Evan Jacob, Rachel Mikayla, Aurora Estelle, and the newest addition Charlotte Ann (4/8/13).

We have two pets in my house right now: a Doberman named Selena and a Schnauzer/Dachshund mix named Grover. Selena was already a year or two old when we got her so we didn't change her name. I recently adopted Grover from the local animal shelter as a puppy and got to pick his name myself.

Other pets we've had: Flash, Ellie, Bailey, Montana, Ricky, Henry, Cooper, Bo... can't remember any others. My grandparents have two horses and two dogs: Abby, Jock, Tippy, and Harley. My other grandparents don't have pets right now but their most notable pet was a dog named Rufus the Doofus.

Can we still use Tinkerbell... if its for a Doberman? Because I've wanted a Dobie for eons and my husband thinks Tinkerbell is what one needs to be called.

Our cat is named Grue, after the grues in Zork, the videogame. "It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue." Our little all-black cat makes a good Grue.