Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roscoe?

Thanks everyone! I've never seen Dukes of Hazzard, so i missed that reference. The dog name thing is something I hadn't considered. There are a lot of names that I won't use for that very reason. I used to work at a vet clinic and before that a groomer/kennel, so there are some names that are very much dog names to me. Dog names go through trends just like baby names do. I won't list all the dog names I mean because I know many people are using them, or considering them, for their kiddos, and I don't want to spoil the name for them ;-) I don't think I've ever met a dog named Roscoe, but I will take that into consideration. Thanks! Oh and Parker, I've never heard of Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. What part of the country are you in? I'm in Texas, so maybe we just don't have them around here.

I think Roscoe is adorable! I do associate it with dogs, though, but I don't think it should be too much of a problem. Plus I always see that as Rosco, without the e. Roe is adorable too~

-linguaphile-
    Boys: Oliver, Felix, Jude, Balthasaru "Ru"
    Girls: Amélie "Millie", Indigo "Indie", Peridot, Jane

Roscoe P. Coletrain. Dukes of hazzard all the way. Or a dog. This one would be hard for a child to have to carry around.

@ferntailwp The nn Roe is the main reason I was looking at this name. I was going to use Roe as a nn for Ronan, but my husband isn't a huge fan of that name. It is ok for him I think, but it doesn't go with our last name that well. I also thought about Jethro nn Roe, but I don't think that's going to fly either. I just really like the idea of Roe ;-)
    @boyandgirl Thanks for your opinions. Like I said before, i don't know the Dukes of Hazzard reference, but I certainly don't want that to be the first thing that everyone else thinks when they meet him. Roscoe may have to be stuck in guilty pleasure land now ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by whit32 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I've never seen Dukes of Hazzard, so i missed that reference. The dog name thing is something I hadn't considered. There are a lot of names that I won't use for that very reason. I used to work at a vet clinic and before that a groomer/kennel, so there are some names that are very much dog names to me. Dog names go through trends just like baby names do. I won't list all the dog names I mean because I know many people are using them, or considering them, for their kiddos, and I don't want to spoil the name for them ;-) I don't think I've ever met a dog named Roscoe, but I will take that into consideration. Thanks! Oh and Parker, I've never heard of Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. What part of the country are you in? I'm in Texas, so maybe we just don't have them around here.
    I am an army wife so I lived Texas too Right now we are stationed in Ohio. The only place I have ever seen a Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles is in California, I don't think their are any anywhere else besides California so it might not really be an issue. It is not really a negative association its just the only think I can think of when I see Roscoe
    ~Parker ~
    ~Mommy to Aurora Mary and Sofia Noelle~

Future Daughterss ~ Willow Amaya ~ Ava Rhiannon ~ Eliana Kate ~ Anya Elizabeth ~ Gianna Emily ~

Future Sons ~ Luca Rafael ~ Dominic Mario ~ Lorenzo Carmine ~ Enrique Jaxon ~ Roman Anthony