Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Never. If I like it, I like it. Popularity be darned. Most of the names we like are in the top 20, if not top 10. Don't care. I still like 'em.
    Girls - Abigail, Georgianna, Anne, Charlotte, Claire, Genevieve, Annette, Eliza, Felicity, Hannah, Noelle, Eugenie, Grace, Phoebe, Philippa, Cecilia, Cecily, Elizabeth, Hollis, Piper, Lorelei, Vivienne, Paige, Carolina, Isobel, Lucy, Molly, Georgia, Victoria, Naomi

Boys - Bobby Sparklefritz until H can offer suggestions. Ones I like: Rory, Owen, Tyler, Ian, Elliot, Alexander, Ephraim, Levi, Jacob, Reid, Avery, Nathan, Miles, Jasper, Spencer, Toby, Dean, Philip

Top 1000 ideally, but I think 500 is a good rule of thumb, too. Two of my girls are outside of the Top 1000, the other is in the #250s now but wasn't when we named her, and we wouldn't have if it had been. I still love the name and don't regret it at all, but I like distinct names. If there are going to be ten other Charlottes in her class, why bother? This is just my philosophy on naming, so no offense to anyone who doesn't care about popularity, but I feel like naming your daughter Sophia now is like naming her Samantha in 1990.

As long as it's not in the top 10-20, it's usually not a factor for me. I'm not out to find a super-rare name...just one that I like.
    Speculative fiction writer and mother to Charles Theophilus (2.5 years), Corinna Melisande -- nicknamed Cora (13 months), and the Tiny Girl (due Feb. 2014). Lover of studious, ancient boy names and sweet, intelligent girl names with a touch of fairy-tale beauty.

If my last name wasn't so common, I'd be happy with anything not in the top 100. But since I do have a common last name, I feel it can't be in the top 500, perhaps even lower.
    http://geeknames.blogspot.com/
    My favorites right now:
    Girls: Alena, Anya, Emme, Fable, Gwyneth, Thalia, Thora, Vaiva
    Boys: August, Bodhi, Blake, Declan, Eamon, Fergus, Finch, Rory

Very interesting responses! I wish I could just go with a name that I loved, regardless of popularity. But I find myself falling in love with a name partly due to its rarity, and not liking a name as much when I find it is more common than I like.

I suppose I might feel differently when I actually am pregnant or TTC.