Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

William or George?

My husband and I are stuck naming our second son, and can't decide between George or William. Our son is currently a baby of 2 weeks old and I'm trying to visualise him as a grown man and how he will feel when asked his name, introducing himself as either George or William.
    Which name do you think you would prefer to have? What character do you associate with the names William and George?
    He has dark hair, will be tall and well built, if that helps!
    Thanks very much for your help
    Jen

Two great names! You can't go wrong with either. I'm leaning slightly towards William. Do you mind telling what your first son's name is? That might help make your decision.

William for sure. I always picture George as a nerdy kind of guy. William to me is regal and strong and just have a much more appealing sound to me. Will, Willy, Bill, Billy, Liam (my favorite) are all great nicknames too.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

William. George sounds clunky and choppy.

I agree with the others--I lean toward William as well! George is nice and I like it as a MN, but I agree that it either feels old fashioned or a bit nerdy as a FN. I imagine a William being smart, handsome, kind, a good friend, maybe momma's little boy. I think William is so versatile, too--he could be anything from the princely Will to the rough-and-tumble Billy to the more European Wim to the scalawag Liam. I think William has personality and class to fit just about anyone, and it sounds perfect for your little man.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George