Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions? :)

Opinions? :)

Hello! I was wondering if I could get some feedback on these names, and some new suggestions! Here is the list of favorites:

Kade
    Aurelius
    Xavier
    Liev
    Sorin
    Teifryn
    Zealand

I love them all for different reasons! Liev, Sorin and Xavier are all old-fashioned and strong sounding but they also seem to have a soft side to them. Aurelius is just cool and interesting! Teifryn is practically unheard of which is cool, but it has almsot a classic sound to it. Some might think Zealand is a bit of a stretch, but I love it! I like place names, but most of them are so overused! I've never heard of a Zealand, and it sounds awesome! His nickname could be Zea, which I love too!

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

I'm on the fence about Zealand, I do not hate it, but I'm not sure if I like it either. To be fair though, I've never been a fan of place names so I'm a bit biased. As far as place names go however, I will say that I think you took an interesting turn to it. I've never seen this named used either! So good job on that point.

I hate Teifryn, and Kade. I just don't like the sound. I am okay with Liev/Lief as a name. I like Xavier but it's a bit popular these days, which isn't necessarily a deterrent.

My absolute favorites are Sorin (although I spell it Soren) and Aurelius! I just adore those names. The only downside to Soren for me is that it means "Strict and stern" but even that isn't a big deal. There isn't a thing I don't like about Aurelius.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

If it's a boy: Tristan Ambrose Galahad~Tristan Amadeus~Ambrose Galahad
    If it's a girl: Genevieve Sybilla Tallis~Genevieve Claire~Elsa Genevieve~Esme Adora

I'm a lover of out there boy names, so your list is right up my alley! <3

Kade - This one is actually a bit too trendy for me!
    Aurelius - You'll have pronunciation issues, just like every other awesome boy's name. But it has a very strong look to it.
    Xavier - Again, soooo trendy where I live. Xavier, Xander, Xayden, Zavier, Zander, and Zayden. I see these names constantly.
    Liev - Hmm, I'm not sure on this one.
    Sorin - I love Soren. In a similar vein, I like Torrin and Tallon as well. Saroyan and Sinclair might also have a similar feel for you.
    Teifryn - Not a fan of this, sorry.
    Zealand - LOVE! My favorite on your list after Sorin/Soren. Newlyn might be something similar to Zealand in style/
    Last edited by hannah-banana; March 30th, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
    DH: Clifton Tyler 'Ty'
    DS: Laikon Timothy
    DD: Faedra Elise
    Me: Hannah Nicole

Girl: Linden, Harmony, Ruby, Ivy, Charity, Zinnia, Roxanne, Bronwyn, Willow, Meredith, Coraline, Juniper, Temperance, Nova, Aria, Tesla, Felicity, Lavender, Athena, Tallulah.

Boy: Zane, Ezra, Cyrus, Phoenix, Silas, Leo, Finley, Avory, Roman, Lysander, Theo, Sawyer, Penley, Hartlyn, Orion, Briar, Sterling, Felix, Bristol, Desmond.

Kade - I like the sound, but it seems too... I dunno...
    Aurelius - I like the meaning of it, but I'm not a fan of the look or sound.
    Xavier - I like it.
    Liev - It's alright, nms.
    Sorin - I like the nature-y names! Just watch out of the sore begining. My name is Eros, and the fact that it's sore backwards bugs me, though not enough that I would have changed it.
    Teifryn - I'm not sure how to pronounce, which is new for me... Is it ty-frin? I think it's cool, not amazing, but cool.
    Zealand - I LOVE this! It has great context and nice sound and look. Plus Zea is adorable!

How do you like:
    Shade/Shayde
    Sorrel
    Sander/Xander
    Sanderson

Wow. Every one of those started with S haha

-linguaphile-
    Boys: Oliver, Felix, Jude, Balthasaru "Ru"
    Girls: Amélie "Millie", Indigo "Indie", Peridot, Jane

Teifryn is pronounced Tave-rin. Awesome to hear that people like Zealand... I love it so much! I kind of like Sorrel too!