Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Boys Names on Girls?

I have never been a fan of boy's names are girls for the most part, but I have been doing a lot of substitute teaching lately and I have seen so many girls with typical boys names. They have all been the sweetest girls! They are definitely cuter and a lot nicer than the girls with frilly and girly names. Has anyone else been around girls with boys names to notice this? I don't mean to stereotype anyone's children and I hope this post does not come across as offensive, but I have always believed that your name defines a little bit of who you are. Do girls with boys names act more feminine and graceful to overcompensate for their lace of a feminine name? They are also the girls that never get in trouble. All of this has just really changed my entire view of unisex names. I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience to this, or if a group, or particular child, has been able to change your view of a genre of names or even a specific name?

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Hmm! Interesting theory, but it doesn't really hold with my experience. I have a unisex name and I've always been known as one of the good girls in all my acquaintances and such, but I didn't grow up with very many girls with unisex names! Colleen, Alicia, and Aubrey weren't really the good girls, but Melissa, Erica, Kate, and Mariela were. Luz, Annalyse, Jalanee, and Krissy were the bad girls, but Molly, Kelsey (unisex, granted), and Rebecca were good. Angelique was the bad girl, but Natalie, Nadege, and Laura were the good girls. Delaney is the good girl, but Kylie is a bit more wild, but Elora is probably the best little girl I know. See? There's really very few unisex names but the ones that are unisex don't really hold up to your theory, to me, haha.

I mean, my siblings and I have ALWAYS been considered the good kids, I mean, by everyone. I am not trying to brag, not at all, lol, but that's just how it was. I think a lot of it has to do with how children are raised and not the gender/classification of their name! An Arabella could be the sweetest, kindest little girl in the world, or she could be a class-A jerk. If her parents let her get away with it, then yes, Arabella would be a jerk. Same goes for a little girl named Brady, or Harper, or Johanna, or Penelope.

And I don't think it's really wrong of you to notice, haha, I know a lot of teachers who have seen so many kids and so many names that they start making assumptions after a while.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Four of my female cousins have boyish names, and I don't notice this. A couple of girls I knew in school who had less feminine names made my life extremely difficult by picking on me (they were athletic and bold, while I was quiet and shy.) I think it probably has more to do with parenting than the name itself.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne

I agree from my childhood there were definitely good girls with girly names, and there have been some angels in my classrooms with girly names but recently I have just noticed that the little unisex girls, I don't typically sub for anyone over 2nd grade, are much sweeter if they have a unisex name. I definitely do not mean girls that are now in their late teens or 20's I am talking solely about girls under the age of 10. It could just be my geographic area, or maybe the parents of these kids are raising better children and it is just by chance that they have unisex names. I have two little girls that are just like daughters to me and I think they tie for the sweetest little girls in the world. One is named Hannah, the other is Addisyn. So even for me there are girls with girly names that are adorable and sweet. I guess I meant that more often than not a girl with a unisex/boys name would be sweet while a girl with an average girls name could be either a real doll or a real terror, but I definitely don't mean that girls with girly names are not sweet. I would never say that

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Hmm. Yes and no. I know a Ryann, and she's definitely not a sweet girly girl. Don't get me wrong, she's nice and all, but she's more of a punk or geek kind of girl. I know of a Kevyn, Devin, Kyle and a few other names and they're.. I don't know. They're pretty IMO but not really that nice. Maybe it's just because I wasn't good friends with them but they always seemed a little stuck up.