Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Top Two have bad associations/the rest are just O.K

I've been crushing on Clementine and Jemima for a while now, because they both yield the familiar nickname of Em, and in Jemima's case, Jem which relates to another nickname I have, Emmygem. I love the look, sound, meaning...but Clementine sometimes feels "too cute" and Jemima reminds people of syrup. Which isn't necessarily bad, it's the baggage that comes with it. Although Jemima Kirke seems to have not been harmed by it...? Thoughts on these?

The third runner up was Cordelia, I love the history, meaning and everything about Cordelia except for the sound of the name and the nicknames. Which makes the history etc. a moot point.

In general I'm drawn to older, somewhat British (to an American, at least), vintage type names. I've looked for hours and hours and can't seem to find one that I love, then when I DO (Jemima) it is hindered by an association that it shouldn't have had in the first place .

(I will be perusing British Baby Names and Nymbler while I await your responses!)

Others I've thought of, but have found something amiss; Harriet, Mirabelle, Rowena, Cordelia. Ones I like but cannot use; Alice, Charlotte, Flora, Tabitha, Camilla, Genevieve and Penelope.

Requirements;
    -3 syllables
    -a vintage feel, similar to Jemima/Clementine/Cordelia

I promise if I get lots of suggestions on this thread, it will be my last.
    Last edited by erose; March 26th, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

A country where we get weather that people complain about a lot.
    I like Jemima; it's pretty. I'm only just starting to crush on it. I used to hate the name.

There are several nicknames for Cordelia if you don't like the sound: Cory, Cora, Delia, Deely, Cordy, Dia, Lia.

How about:
    Emmeline / Emeline / Ameline
    Lydia
    Florence
    Imogen
    Lillian
    Arabella

That's all I can think of for now; I'll post later if I can think of any more.
    Amber. 17. Happy Hallowe'en.
    Roxana \ Marilyn ≶ Ксения \ Милана \ Алёна \ Арина \ Злата
    Даниил / Роман / Артемий ≶ Victor / Myron / Sylvan / Vincent / Lucien

A country where we get weather that people complain about a lot.
    Amber. 17. Happy Hallowe'en.
    Roxana \ Marilyn ≶ Ксения \ Милана \ Алёна \ Арина \ Злата
    Даниил / Роман / Артемий ≶ Victor / Myron / Sylvan / Vincent / Lucien

|Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

Also, take a look at this site if you haven't already :

http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/births
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|