Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Help! Twins and no idea.

I'm new to this site, a friend recommended it especially with my current crisis. I'm due within the week, expecting twins, no idea of the genders and my partner just seems to veto everything.

There is one name that we do seem to agree on, and that is Felicia for a girl but we're not 100% sure. I would like to have a couple options to take to the hospital though.

Also some points we are agree on are not having names that are trendy now like "Brooklyn" that will probably go dated, yooneek spellings and unisex names.

We have a little girl named Aveline Marie and last name is Harris. So names that goes well with that.

So basically girl/girl, boy/boy, boy/girl combos would be great!

I know this is a lot to ask for, but we need fresh ideas and luckily I have my partner next to me, so we can offer feedback more quickly.

Would love to hear from you.

[edit] Although our daughter's names are french, we are not overally fussed about any other french names. We do not want to be stuck in that trend if we do decide to have another child someday.

Other than that the middle names we are considering are Marian, Francesca, Charles and Jack to honour family members. Not so sure though.
    Last edited by marigold leaf; March 25th, 2012 at 07:59 AM.

Proud Mama to Levi 8/21/10 and Eva 12/5/12

A country where we get weather that people complain about a lot.
    Oh, and for boys:
    Fabian
    Lysander
    Raphael
    Sylvester
    Sheridan
    Abner
    Fulton
    Crofton
    Silas
    Faramond
    Alaric
    Donovan
    Asher
    Kellan
    Elias
    Sullivan

Oh, and I second Nathaniel and Theodore.
    Delilah CelesteAveline Ruth Winter FaySilas Alaric Fabian Seth Lucian Ezra

Archetypal name-obsessed teenager here. Avatar is the blue knight from Castle Crashers, a game produced by The Behemoth. Credit goes to their artist/s.

A country where we get weather that people complain about a lot.
    Only some of these are French. I think pairing any of these would work for twins:
    Eulalie
    Marcella
    Lavinia
    Cyrielle
    Clemency
    Lydia
    Leonia/Leonie/Leona
    Violetta
    Floriane
    Vivienne
    Amalia (ah-MAH-lee-a or am-a-LEE-a)
    Araminta
    Dorothy/Dorothea
    Isalina/Isaline (might be too close to Aveline)
    Florence
    Dariela
    Theodora
    Fabienne
    Liliane
    Delilah CelesteAveline Ruth Winter FaySilas Alaric Fabian Seth Lucian Ezra

Archetypal name-obsessed teenager here. Avatar is the blue knight from Castle Crashers, a game produced by The Behemoth. Credit goes to their artist/s.

Mom2aboy

Here is our feedback:

G/G
    Aurora and Dawn (Pretty, but unusable names for us. Aurora seems too loaded, and Dawn dosen't sit well somehow.)
    Chandra and Selene (Partner likes Selene, he likes the connection to the Underworld series. I'm not so sure, I think we'll dwell over it. Chandra seems too much bogan, no offence.)
    Erica and Heather (Not a fan of either)

B/B
    Elijah and Joel (Not a fan)
    Nathaniel and Theodore (I have never heard of Nathaniel, I like it but partner is not so sure. Theodore is cute, but we won't use it as a cousin has a boy named Theo.)
    Lucius and Uri (Not a fan, sorry)

B/G
    Brendan and Sarah (We know a few Brendans and Sarahs in our generation, nice but not for us.)
    Ezra and Ophelia (Not a fan of Ezra, we like Ophelia but the tale is a bit too tragic for our liking.)
    Aliyah and Jordan (One of my close friends is called Jordan, so I won't use it and partner dosen't like Aliyah)

Overall we liked Selene and Nathaniel from your list, but we will have to dwell on them for a bit. I'm sorry if we seem too picky, nothing seems particularly right.