Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fun CAF game, over 10 years

Use this die:
    http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/reso...s/dice/six.htm

Roll the die for each child and pet.

Your Name:
    If your hair color is blonde, your name starts with a vowel.
    If your hair color is brunette, your name is a word in English.
    If your hair color is black or a naturalistic red, your name is a word in any language that isn't English.
    If your hair color is anything else, your name ends in a vowel (that is not "Y").

Spouses name:
    If your favorite Pixar film is Toy Story (or any of it's sequels), your spouses name is unisex.
    If your favorite Pixar film is Up, Brave, or Wall-E, your spouses name is nature related.
    If your favorite Pixar film is Finding Nemo, a Bugs Life, or Ratatouille, your spouses name is three syllables.
    If your favorite Pixar film is The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., or Cars (or any of their sequels), your spouses name is in the Nameberry top 1000.
    If you don't like any Pixar films your spouses name is NOT in the Nameberry top 1000.

Nameberry top 1000: http://nameberry.com/popular_names/Nameberry

Surname: Anything you choose.

Ages: Anything you choose.

Occupations:
    Your occupation is the first step toward achieving your dream job.
    Your spouse’s job title has the same initials as their name.

Year 1: You move into your first dwelling space as a couple. Where is it? What is it like?
    If you love chocolate, you do not have a child.
    If you hate chocolate, you have a baby girl.
    If you have no strong feelings about chocolate in particular, you have a baby boy.
    If you have never tried chocolate, you adopt a pet of your choosing.

Roll the die for names:

1. A name that starts and ends in a vowel
    2. A name that starts and ends in a consonant
    3. A name that starts and ends in the same letter
    4. A name of Irish origin
    5. A name of French origin
    6. A name of Arabic origin

Year 2:
    If you did not have a baby in your first year of marriage, you get promoted.
    If you did have a baby in your first year of marriage, you may decide your career won't suit your lifestyle in the long run. You may go back to school for four years or remain in your current profession. What would you go for?

If the time of that you are playing this CAF is 12:00 am- 6:00 am you do not have a child.
    If the time of that you are playing this CAF is 6:00 am- 12:00 pm you have a baby boy.
    If the time of that you are playing this CAF is 12:00 pm- 6:00 pm you have a baby girl.
    If the time of that you are playing this CAF is 6:00 pm- 12:00 am you adopt a pet.

Roll the die for names:

1. A name from Harry Potter
    2. A name from Lord of the Rings/ the Hobbit
    3. A name from Star Wars
    4. A name from Star Trek
    5. A name from The Hunger Games
    6. A name from Game of Thrones

Year 3: If you are currently in school, you get a part time job. You really enjoy it. What is it?

If you are a vegan, you have a twins: 2 boys.
    If you are a vegetarian, you have a baby girl.
    If you eat meat, you have no children.
    If your diet consists exclusively of meat and nothing else, you have quints, 3 boys, 2 girls.

Roll the die for names:

1. The ugliest name you can think of (unless you've already used it, in which case use the runner-up)
    2. The best name you can think of (unless you've already used it, in which case use the runner-up)
    3. A tribute to your mother
    4. A tribute to your father
    5. A tribute to your grandmother (on either side)
    6. A tribute to your grandfather (on either side)

Year 4: You have no children but there is a big life event

Roll the die for a Life Event:

1. Some one from the game so far dies. You can choose who and how. If you choose your husband or wife you may remarry immediately, take a chance on remarrying later in the game, or go it solo from here.
    2. You move. You can choose to where.
    3. You get divorced. You may choose to remarry immediately (if so, to who). You may also take a chance at remarrying later in the game, or you may go it solo.
    4. You're promoted.
    5. You're demoted.
    6. If you have a pet, they have babies, How many? Do you keep any (or all)? If so, what do you name them? If you don't have a pet, you get a pet.

Year 5:
    If you have not yet had children DOUBLE your result for this round.
    If you have had children, you stay in the same city but move houses. What is the new place like? Is it bigger or smaller? Nicer or worse?

If you are currently burning a candle or incense and you like the smell, you have a baby girl.
    If you are currently burning a candle or incense and you hate the smell, you have twins, a boy and a girl.
    If you own a candle(s) or incense, but are not currently burning anything, you have twins, two girls.
    If you don't own any candles or incense, you have a baby boy.
    If you are currently burning anything other than a candle or incense, you have twins, two boys.

Roll the die for names:

1. A name from the greek gods
    2. A name of royalty (past or present)
    3. A name from American politics (past or present)
    4. A name from any historical figure who fought for social equality (past or present)
    5. A name of a cruel dictator or fearsome conqueror (past or present)
    6. A name of a famous cartoon or comic book character.

Year 6:
    If you were in school, you graduate and get a full time job. You are making good money and you love it. What is your job?
    If you were not in school, you get a bad bout of food poisoning in January. What did you eat? But you also consume the best cake you've ever had this year. What flavor is it?

If you have children IRL, you have no children.
    If you have no children IRL, you have a baby boy.
    If you have no children IRL but you treat your pet like a child, you have a baby girl.

Roll the die for Names

1. A four syllable fn, any mn
    2. A one syllable fn, any mn
    3. A combination of two names (like, "Renesme")with any mn
    4. A fn that means "Brave", any mn
    5. Both first and middle names come from pets or stuffed animals you have owned or currently own
    6. A fn from a place you have lived (street, city, country, apartment complex, neighborhood, etc.), any mn

Year 7:
    If you are currently married, you move. Where do you go?
    If you are currently unmarried, you have the chance to get remarried. A very lovely person, who you've been dating for a bit now, proposes, but he/she has one big flaw.

1. They are in serious debt
    2. They smoke like a chimney
    3. They have bad breath
    4. They are deathly allergic to your pets
    5. They have horrible taste in movies
    6. They peeked in high school

Do you still marry them?

Year 8: Finally, a mostly uneventful year!

If you are wearing a hat, you get a cat. Describe its personality.
    If you are wearing glasses, you get a dog. Describe it.
    If you are wearing a floral print, you have a baby boy.
    If you are wearing plaid, you have a baby girl.
    If you are wearing more than one of these items but not all of them, you can choose to have any or none of these things.
    If you are wearing all of these items, then you must do each corresponding action.
    If you are wearing none of these things, you do nothing this year.

Roll the die for names:

1. GP names
    2. The name that is most cohesive with the names you’ve used so far
    3. Product/Brand names
    4. Place names
    5. An occupational name
    6. A name that is also a surname

Year 9: A pet dies! Which one and how? How to the kids react?

If you have more girl children than boy children, you have a baby boy and if you have more boy children than girl children, you have a baby girl.
    If you have all of one gender, you have twins of the opposite gender.
    If you have exactly 50/50, you have no children.

Roll the die for names:

1. Two middle names but all names of your choice
    2. Names you think your parents would like
    3. Names you think your parents would hate
    4. No mn but fn is anything you choose
    5. Animal name
    6. A name whose initials spell something negative (B.O., B.M., A.S.S., etc.)

Year 10: If you have a spouse, they finally get promoted! But something tragic and horrible happens in your life too.

Roll the die for a Life Event:

1. One of your parents dies
    2. A natural disaster wrecks your house and you loose all our worldly possessions
    3. You are diagnosed with a chronic disease
    4. Your youngest child breaks their leg
    5. You get fired
    6. You discover that your spouse has a problem with drugs or alcohol. Unless you don’t have a spouse, in which case you dodged a bullet. Literally. You almost got shot in a robbery.

BUT

You also adopt a child. It is your last one. You can name him/her whatever you want.

Skip ahead one decade. Your youngest child is 10. Your oldest child is 15-20. How is your life going so far? What has happened in these ten years?

Skip ahead another decade. Your youngest child is 20. How are your children doing? Do you have grandchildren? What are their names?
    Last edited by lucykath; November 19th, 2014 at 05:52 PM.
    19yo name enthusiast
    not expecting and not planning to

Current Favorite Names
    Bonnie Angelou, Cecelia Swanhild, Elowen Maeve, Esther Eowyn, Opal Vivienne, Wilma Berlin
    Archer Indiana, Clifford Vonnegut, Frederick Ansel, Malcolm Finch, Oliver Walter, Twain Alexander

Me: Wednesday Autumn Alley- Actress (small roles)
    Spouse: Forrest Jasper Alley- Family Celebrant

Year 1: We move into your first dwelling space as a couple.
    Lancashire, England
    http://media.rightmove.co.uk/16k/153...ax_620x414.JPG

Year 2: If you did not have a baby in your first year of marriage, you get promoted.
    We adopt a cat; Isla
    http://hennsteeth.files.wordpress.co...ashas-bean.jpg

Year 3: We have no children

Year 4: I get divorced. I do not remarry.

Year 5: I have twins via surrogate; Victoria Beatrice and Adelaide Cecilia
    http://defininggracephoto.com/blog/w...by-blog-08.jpg

Year 6: You get a bad bout of food poisoning in Januray from eating bad fish. I also eat the best banana cake I have ever tasted.
    I have a baby boy via the same surrogate; George Caspian
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...278a1663bd.jpg

Year 7: The man I am dating asks me to marry him; but he has bad taste in movies. I still marry him as there far worst things than that.
    His name is Harry Edward Styles

Year 9: Isla dies from a snake bite! The kids are devasted!
    I have a baby boy; Edmund Jasper Louis
    http://claudetteallinghamphotography...olorado-13.jpg

Year 10: Harry gets promoted! We also lose all our worldy possesions in a flood!
    We also adopt a baby girl old girl from Africa; Ottile Dalila
    http://t2.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/35/05/15/...B44gZvLCqz.jpg

10 years later...

Victoria and Adelaide are now 15. Tori enjoys playing soccer and swimming and Del loves to swim and collect stuffed animals
    George is 14 and loves playing hockey and scoccer.
    Edmund is 11 enjoys cooking and art.
    Tillie is 10 and loves to draw and collect dolls

10 years later...

Toria and Del are 25. Tori got married to her boy friend of 10 months when she was 22. She and her partner Nathaniel Joseph have a 2 year old girl; Amelia Grace and are expecting a baby boy.

http://sipperphotography.com/wp-cont...y_portrait.jpg
    Del has baby boy and is a single mum after her boyfriend left her when he found out she was pregnant. His name is James Edward.
    http://annakarinsphotography.com/ann...r-baton-rouge/

George is now 24 and engaged to is girlfriend of 3 years; Felicity Rose.

Edmund is now 21 is planning on opening up a resturant.

Tillie is 20 and is hoping to illustrate children's books. For now though, she is studying Art at University.
    19. Directioner. Whovian. Name lover.

Girls: Adelisa, Oriana, Victoria, Georgina, Amelia, Zoe, Genevieve, Annabel, Agnes, Jemima, Edith, Abigail, Adelaide, Eleanor, Henrietta, Tegan, Melody, River, Clara, Francesca

Boys: Edmund, Rory, Louis, Niall, Frederick, Osmond, Henry, Desmond, Adric, William, James, Oliver, Rowan, Wesley, Liam, Zayn

Your Name: Bay Cora McKendrick - 25 - research assistant
    Spouses name: Otter Milo McKendrick - 26 - outboard motor mechanic

Year 1: You move into your first dwelling space as a couple, a bungalow in Bar Harbor, Maine.

Lyle Etienne

Year 2:
    You may decide your career won't suit your lifestyle in the long run. You may go back to school for four years or remain in your current profession. What would you go for? Nursing

Elenna Tauriel

Year 3: If you are currently in school, you get a part time job. You really enjoy it. What is it? Lifeguard

Year 4: You have no children but there is a big life event
    You're demoted.

Year 5:
    If you have had children, you stay in the same city but move houses. What is the new place like? Is it bigger or smaller? Nicer or worse? bigger

Mary Dorothea & Elizabeth Biljana *Beth*

Year 6:
    If you were in school, you graduate and get a full time job. You are making good money and you love it. What is your job? Nurse

Jeffrey Courage

Year 7:
    If you are currently married, you move. Where do you go? Boston

Year 9: Byron Nathaniel Jupiter

Year 10: If you have a spouse, they finally get promoted! But something tragic and horrible happens in your life too.

You get fired

BUT

You also adopt a child.

Ansel Edward Mateo

Bay and Otter with Lyle, Elenna, Mary & Beth, Jeffrey, Byron, and Ansel
    Current Favorite Combos (not necessarily all of my favorite names):
    Alba Jolene, Avia Merrick, Hazel Deanna, Jovie Wren, Kendra Elise, Lux Athena, Margo Wren, Oona Lorene, Phoebe Alexis
    Ansel Gregory, Byron Robert, Ford Jeffrey, Lyle Prescott, Seaton Leo, Solomon Jack *Solo*

Your Name: Anna Grace Rutledge 41
    Job: Librarian
    Spouses name: Malachi Benjamin Rutledge 43
    Job: Head Marine Biologist

Year 1:
    DS: Jackson Clay 20
    DW: Lily Grace 20
    DD: Jenna Claire 2
    DS: Logan Grant nb
    Year 2:
    DD: Leia Jane 19
    DBF: Ryan Levi Stewart
    DS: Noah Hunter nb
    Year 3:
    DS/DD/DD/DS/DS: Alexander James, Elizabeth Anne, Jennifer Rose, Kristopher Daniel, Nicholas Aaron, & Samuel Paul 18
    Year 4: Promoted to Librarian
    Year 5:
    DD/DD: Emma Victoria & Kate Eugenie 16
    Year 6:
    DS: Kyle Riley 15
    Year 7: No remarriage
    Year 8:
    DDog: Pepper
    Year 9: No Kids
    Year 10: We have a fire and loose everything!
    DAD: Anna Claire 10

Amelia Genevieve Rottenberg- Age 25, Blogger
    Cliff Benjamin Rottenberg- Age 23, Coordinator of Bonobo Research

Year 1: We move into a small apartment in Berlin, we do not have a child.

Year 2:I get promoted from part time blogger to full time print columnist!

We have a baby girl. We name her Natasha Kathryn Rottenberg.

Year 3: We have no children

Year 4: I get divorced.

Year 5: We move to a new place further out from the city center. It is narrow and tall and there is a vegetable garden out back and wild flowers out front.

I give birth to a baby girl. Her name is Phoebe Demeter Rottenberg.

Year 6: I get sick from eating some highly questionable beef at a suspicious diner. But I also have the best Baklava I've ever tasted.

I adopt a baby boy. His name is Ignatius "Iggy" Alexander Rottenberg.

Year 7:I have the opportunity to get married but I turn down the proposal because he smokes like a chimney.

Year 8:

I give birth to a baby boy. His name is Bentley "Benny" Blu Ray Rottenberg.

Year 9: Nothing happens

Year 10: I am diagnosed with Bronchiectasis, likely due to my years dating the smoker and a pre-existing problems with asthma. I have to use an oxygen tank if I am exerting myself. My youngest daughter, Phoebe, puts stickers on the mask to make it pretty for me.

I adopt another baby girl. I name her Esther Maeve Rottenberg.

10 years later: I am 45. My Bronchiectasis is in stable condition.

My eldest daughter, Natasha Kathryn Rottenberg, is 18. She is in university in Norway, where her father lives. She is studying Neurology. She is a romantic who falls in love easily. I am afraid she will get her heart broken.

My second daughter, Phoebe Demeter Rottenberg, is 15. She now goes by her middle name, asserting that it suits her better.Like her sister, she has a fascination with the inner workings human body, but she is not interested in the brain. Rather, like her grandmother before her, she loves to dance. She hopes to dance professionally one day.

My eldest son, Ignatius "Iggy" Alexander Rottenberg, is 14. He is a slacker and a rebel. He reminds me very much of me, which is terrifying. He has begun to write poetry, which has been mostly terrible so far. I encourage him anyways. It's nice to see him passionate about something.

My youngest son, Bentely "Benny" Blu Ray Rottenberg, is 12. He very much looks up to his sister, Phoebe Demeter, whom he affectionately calls Demi. They are very close and he has taken also taken up dance.

My youngest daughter, Esther Maeve Rottenberg, is 10. She is large for her age and very boisterous, unlike the other children who are far more reserved. She loves team sports and excels at them. She is a natural leader.

10 years later: I am 55. My lungs grow weak. It has become clear that I will not live into old age. I think I have another decade in me if I take care of myself though.

My ex-husband perished in a car crash. My eldest daughter grieved the hardest.

Natasha (29) is working in the medical research field. She has published 2 papers so far. Her husband is an older man (40) named William, who also works in neurology. They met because their labs are in the same building. They plan to start having children soon.

Demeter (25) was sadly diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa when the pressures of her dancing career got to her. It took years for her to recover, but since then she has gotten married, started her own business providing people with pilates and yoga classes (some of which she teaches), and given birth to twin boys, Arrow and Piers.

Iggy (24), always the rebel, dropped out of university and moved to London where he struggles to get by on some minimum wage jobs and anything he can bring in from his freelance writing, which has gotten quite a bit better. Despite his financial woes, he seems happy and has even met a lovely man (who might just be the"one") named Malcolm.

Benny (22) Is in the middle of a successful ballet career. He hopes to one day choreograph and direct his own ballet. He is not married but does seem to leave a trail of broken hearts every where he goes. He also has plans to change his terrible name.

Esther (20) Like Benny, she is quite the heart breaker. She, like Iggy, also dropped out of college, but makes a relatively comfortable living as a tour guide who shows old people and families around European cities. She is very happy.
    19yo name enthusiast
    not expecting and not planning to

Current Favorite Names
    Bonnie Angelou, Cecelia Swanhild, Elowen Maeve, Esther Eowyn, Opal Vivienne, Wilma Berlin
    Archer Indiana, Clifford Vonnegut, Frederick Ansel, Malcolm Finch, Oliver Walter, Twain Alexander