Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Need to name a wife and a son

I'm totally on a role today in the writing department. However, I've hit a snag in the naming department....no surprise there. :O)

I have a character named Eric Quinn. He's human, and the leader of a organization that contains/kills supernatural creatures. Eric has only ever been involved with three women. He's had a child with each of them.

I need to name Eric's 1st wife who he believes is dead and his son who is a vampire.

The wife was human, delicate in looks with a beautiful smile. She had strong values, and spoke her mind, but could be manipulated easily. She trusted easily, was smart and loved the outdoors. Light brown hair, brown eyes. Born sometime in the 80's. She died in a car accident after Eric disappeared.

Eric's son was born around 2000. He believes his father to be dead. He was turned into a vampire in his early 20's by his girlfriend who was later killed. How he is bitter and hates the world. He 6'2", brown hair, grayish blue eyes.

The last name for both characters is Quinn. And the son will be a step-brother to Carly and Justine.

For the wife, I was considering Renee, Susan, or Paula.
    For the son....I have no idea. Maybe Daniel (nn. Danny), Michael, Noah,
    Last edited by crysacraig; March 24th, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
    - Crystal -
    35 year-old maybe mommy...someday, and writer looking for that next best character name.

Jude Michaela, Blake Josephine, Delilah Kristen, Ainsley Susannah Joy
    Jacob Dalton, Tristan Grant, Kellan Christopher, Aidan Daniel
    Other Names: Lewis (nn. Lew), Everly, Luke, Claudia

Wife:
    Melanie
    Stephanie
    Caroline
    Natasha
    Beth
    Sheri
    Laura
    Tiffany

Son:
    Ethan
    Alex
    Quinn*
    Gabe
    Brent
    David
    William
    Henry
    Scott

*It might be neat to play around with the idea that the son's mother named him Quinn. Sort of a Quinn-no-last-name type thing. Might go well the edgy character you've already built, and create a bit of a mystery and maybe some plot motivation about his name and thus his father.

Although Renee, Susan, and Paula sound like 'mom' names to me, they don't sound like someone who was born in the 80s. I don't know if you want the mother's name to be reflective of the era she was born in. Although the name Susan ranked 93 in the 80s, its peak was in the 40s, and it dropped off big time right before the 80s. Renee has a similar history, peaking in the 60s and dropping of considerably, and Paula as well.

If this doesn't matter to you, then just ignore this advice. Obviously, there were plenty of Susans and Paulas and Renees born in the 80s. But if you want the mom's name to sound like she was born in the 80s, then you could consider Rachel, Stephanie, Heather, Nicole, Amber, or Lauren-- all names that were in the top 20 in '85 and they sound quintessentially 80s to me (I'm an 80s baby).

Daniel, Michael, and Noah all sound like great names to me. I might search the name's meanings to find a tie breaker.

Hope this helped! Good luck.

@rowanasabe. Honestly, I don't give to much thought on how popular a name is during the birth year. If it was in the top 10 thirty years previous, it could still be used often only now it's in the top 200.

I really like Rachel for the wife.

*It might be neat to play around with the idea that the son's mother named him Quinn. Sort of a Quinn-no-last-name type thing. Might go well the edgy character you've already built, and create a bit of a mystery and maybe some plot motivation about his name and thus his father.
    That is an interesting thought. I would have to not reveal Eric's last name until after the son came into play. Which would be easy to do in this series because the people who work under Eric don't get to be in his presence to often. But, I would still need a first name for the son....just to have it.