Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    my fav at the moment would be Lucille - french form of Lucy

Thank you SO much for you help! Those are all great! Do you have any thoughts on "Leonie?" That is one that I am really liking. It's hard to pick one that the american tongue won't slaughter. A lot of the french names are beautiful but wouldn't sound near as good here in the states. And I don't want her to have to say her name over and over when people ask her how to say her name. I don't really mind if the name is "dated" as long as it's very French, although a new trendy french name would be very neat too! Thank for you help!!

Quote Originally Posted by leneke View Post
    I'm French.

I would avoid using Mignonette, Nanette & Lunette. That sounds french but that's not used in France. NEVER. You will never meet someone having these names. Though, Mauricette is usable but very dated!
    Aurelie, Elodie (most of them are born between 1980 & 1992) & Sylvie (born between 1955 and 1965/70) are really dated.
    Suzette is used only as a nn.
    Colette, Odette, Bernadette, Yvette, Jacqueline are not old enough to be usable in France. Though, I lovvvve Odette & Jacqueline.
    Francine is french but used everywhere in Europe: Germany, Switzeland ...
    Avaëlle doesn't really exist. Evaëlle more.
    Marielle is really dated too.

Iris (Eereess), Camille, Nine (Neen, in fn or nn), Nina, Lise, Lison, Elise, Léopoldine, Séraphine, Léontine, Célestine, Céleste, Ninon, Manon, Fanchon, Isaure, Colombe, Charlotte, Marilou, Alice, Marie, Victoire, Victorine, Honorine, Amélie, Sophie, Typhaine (Ti-feyn), Cassandre, Marthe, Marcelle, Esmée, Octavie, Florène, Clotilde, Constance, Cleophée (Cley-ophey) , Doriane, Daphné, Béryl, Bérénice, Domitille, Othilie (Oteelee), Bertille, Emeraude (Aym-rode), Brunehilde, Amandine, Marion, Charline, Maurane, Agathe ...

You mostly can add -ine at the end of all names. Marcelline, Martine, Améline, Alexine ... But imo, that's not a pretty trend!

Edit: I also thought of Carine or Karine, Paule (dated!), Pauline, Thérèse, Henriette, Pascale (dated!), Mylène (mee-leyn), Mélaine (mey-leyn), Birgitte (dated), Christine (dated), Jeanne, Cécile, Anne, Hélène, Adrienne (love that one!), Gabrielle, Lucille.

I might have forgotten some accents. Sorry.
    Good luck.

French girl names dominate my list:
    Monet
    Viola
    Vionet/ Vionnet
    Renee/ Renae
    Chloe

Quote Originally Posted by usagurl4 View Post
    French girl names dominate my list:
    Monet
    Viola
    Vionet/ Vionnet
    Renee/ Renae
    Chloe
    Monet and vionet are not French girls names, they are surnames which implies they are usually masculine and vionette is also a brand of clothing and perfume.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

No one has suggested my favorite French name (more of a word name though!)

Cadeau

Love someones suggestion of Leonie too!

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye