Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Roman

Roman

I was just wondering if I could have some thoughts and opinions on Roman, please. I'm really liking it lately, and was wondering what middle names others would put with it as I'm struggling to come up with anything I like!

Thanks in advance
    Proud Mama to Two Perfect Little Ladies.
    Big Girl, 25.04.2007
    Small Girl, 06.09.2011

Wanting to be Pregnant & Hoping for a 2013 Blessing.

Alice Victoria Primrose | Annabella Sophie Faye
    Noah Gabriel Joseph | Zachary Roman James

Vote on my name list here.

Roman is a strong, handsome name, IMO. Unusual (where I am, anyway) as a name but still very familiar, which is a great balance. It was on our short list for this baby, and I did have a hard time with a middle name.

Roman Levi
    Roman Felix
    Roman Samuel
    Roman Luke
    Roman Thomas

I'm not a fan, sorry. I feel like I should be, since it seems reminiscent of Romeo and Juliet, and I absolutely love Rowan, but it feels pretentious and more descriptive than namey to me. Strangely enough, I am pretty sure I've only met two Romans, and one was Russian, which totally confused me, lol. I don't know, Rowan seems like it would fit better on your list from what I remember, anyway. It's a lot better than a lot of names out there, but I'm still not a fan, sorry.

I prefer Rowan and Ronan to Roman.

But the names I like with those presumably would work with Roman, so I would go:

Roman Zane
    Roman Finn
    Roman Heath
    Roman Liam

I don't think Roman works with very Hebrew-Biblical names so whereas with the other two I'd ponder Joel, Saul, Levi, etc. I wouldn't with Roman, I think they fight too much.

Roman is so strong, masculine and handsome. I like Rowan and Ronan as well, but I think Roman is a great and uncommon choice.

Roman James
    Roman Alexander
    Roman Jude
    Roman Elias
    Roman Dominic
    Roman Blake
    Roman Nathaniel
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Scarlett, Sophie, Claire, Vivian, Madeleine, Evangeline, Selena, Gillian, Nina, Mila, Heidi, Isla, Hazel, Annabelle, Lydia, Celia, Violet, Genevieve
    Elias, Eli, Dominic, Thatcher, Graham, Noel, Nolan, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Cole, Blake, Daniel, Ash, Rhys, Julian, Callum, Kieran, Aidan, Ronan