Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jinx?

Jinx?

For some reason I can't even explain, my husband and I have both gotten it into our minds to name our child Jinx if he/she is a girl (hopefully, we'll figure that part out next week!). No one I've mentioned it to likes it, except for my 12 and 18 year olds. My husband doesn't want to use it as a nickname for something else and I thought it was a superstitious good luck thing, but apparently most people see it as a bad luck thing.

I like it. I want to use it. But I'm interested in a wider set of opinions...meaning aside, do you like it? Would you feel any different if you knew the child was born on Friday the 13th?
    ~*~ Mom to Kellie Alicen Helena, Crimson Alexandria Eleanor, Cassandra Rejeanne Elia, Cyrus Evander Leif, and Starling Roxana Skye ~*~

Well, first problem is your kid will owe people coke's his/her entire life. The sound is nice but the word as a human name is awful. I'd save it for a cat. I'm not superstitious at all, Friday the 13th is just another day on the calendar.
    Mama to Arden Skye (02/2013)

I like the sound and I think it's cute, but if you do decide to use it, I'd keep it in the middle. Most people will probably make fun of it unfortunately. I actually do know a girl (her parent's are very hippyish) whose middle name is Jinx. I'm of the opinion that anything can go in the middle spot.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

"Jinx, you owe me a soda!" would be all she'd ever hear. Everyone would think it was so clever of them. I'd get really tired of it after a while if my name was Jinx.
    Vote on my list: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9816413

My lovely kitties: Milo the girl and Piper the boy

I totally agree with what everyone else already said. Also, there's a Pokemon called Jynx as well.
    18-year-old, not-so-average boy with an obsession for baby names and animals.

My Favorite Names~

Girls: Astrid, Athena, Coraima, Courtenay, Darcy, Kassia, Kimarie, Lindsay, Maryelle, Misty, Promise, Saba, Shaylene, Sky, Thalia, Tifany, Zooey

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Dade, Erik, Fable, Garrett, Harvey, Indigo, Isaac, Kasey, Mark, Sage, Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zane

Click here to vote on my name list!