Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Priya is an adorable name. To me, it doesn't seem odd at all. If I met a little girl named Priya that wasn't Indian, I would just think that her parents have awesome taste and don't care what other people think!
    I love Welsh names and want to use one for my future child. My name is Welsh, but I am not Welsh. Personally I think that it shouldn't matter, if you love the name. Some lovely Irish names are difficult to spell though. For example, I love Siobhan, but hate the spelling and I don't want to butcher it by spelling it Shevonne either...
    Suggestions for Annabel's sister:
    Elspeth
    Magdalene or Magdalena
    Raquel or Rochelle
    Susanne
    Eudora
    Lucinda or Lucille (Lucy)
    Celeste
    Daisy
    Dahlia
    Jessamine/Jessamyn
    Bonnie
    Fay(e)
    Too quirky? Or just right?

I'd say just right! I love Elspeth, Magdalene, Eudora, Lucinda, Lucille, Celeste, Daisy, Jessamine, and Faye! Unfortunately, DH doesn't agree.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>

With your sibset, I think Priya would make a better mn. What about Elizabeth Priya or Madeline Priya? Also, what about Liza instead of Eliza? In terms of a name that's traditional with a little bit of quirk, what about one of the following:

Alice
    Camille/Camilla
    Cassandra
    Cecilia
    Clementine
    Eleanor
    Irene
    Jane
    Josephine
    Juliana
    Juliet
    Louisa
    Margaret
    Miranda
    Pamela
    Philippa
    Phoebe

Actually, I really like Caleb, Annabel, and Phoebe for a sibset as they all have the "e" and "b" sounds in different ways. Phoebe Claire is a pretty name.

Thanks so much! I adore Liza. I wonder if it could stand on its own, though? It does make me like Elizabeth a little more to get Liza as a nickname. I really like Alice, Cassandra, Cecilia, and Clementine, though DH only agrees on Alice. We've shied away from A and C names since we already have a Caleb and Annabel. Miranda and Phoebe were both on our lists (Miranda on DH's and Phoebe on mine), but didn't overlap. Miranda is growing on me a bit though. Could Minnie work as a nickname for Miranda?

Also, Isla was on DH's list, and I'm giving it a second thought. I like it, but not sure I like how quickly it shot up in popularity. No fun nicknames, either. Hmm...

ETA: Margaret and Louisa are also favorites of mine that DH has vetoed. He's so picky!
    Last edited by krismichelle; March 9th, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>