Names Searched Right Now:
Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    I went to school with a girl named Preshuss. I always felt a little bad for her. A more recent instance was a darling little boy named Graedon (pronounced like gray dawn, not gray din). The spelling paired with the surplus of "Gray" names I'm hearing lately makes it so unappealing to me.

La-a... this person told me that you pronounce the dash. so the name is pronounced Ladasha.
    Abcde... pronounced Absidee - who names their kid after the alphabet?

My mom knows three sisters with the names Stormy, Stoney, and Dusty and my teacher was telling our class about a girl in her headstart class named Mi'angel.

My friend just named her baby boy Tuff... I was soooo glad I wasn't there in person when I heard it or she'd have seen my jaw drop in horror!

I get awfully tired of the Ladasha story, which flew around the Internet a couple of years ago and suddenly "everyone" knew someone who knew her personally. I suspect that's about as true as the Lemongelo/Orangelo twins.

In REAL life, I have taught two very lovely young ladies named Vanity and Fantasy. Neither name was, I think, a good deal for those girls, but they quickly overcame any negative associations.