Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sko View Post
    And the first name Stevie for a girl.
    I've known several female Stevies. I actually kinda prefer it for a girl than a boy. XD
    Top 10:

Girls - Annika, Claire, Ellora, Hannah, Jadis, Luella, Penelope, Samara, Saoirse and Siobhan.

Boys - Atticus, Caspian, Cassander, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Leander, Malachi, Perseus, Silas and Sora.

But it changes often.

Quote Originally Posted by theroadtohere View Post
    I found out yesterday that my 20 year old cousin and her husband are naming their soon-to-be son Crayton. I shudder with revulsion, because all I can hear is "cretin". Poor baby. :-(

Alexis
    Wtf? Thats just awful. I hear the same thing. Ugh.
    Top 10:

Girls - Annika, Claire, Ellora, Hannah, Jadis, Luella, Penelope, Samara, Saoirse and Siobhan.

Boys - Atticus, Caspian, Cassander, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Leander, Malachi, Perseus, Silas and Sora.

But it changes often.

I've gotten that when introducing my Beatrix. One woman at my work spent a lot of time trying to figure out why I would name my daughter that without directly asking me. "So... is that a family name? A friend name? Did you... meet someone once with that name...?" Of course, this was the same woman who asked me a ton of questions about when I had my daughter, my due date, and when I found out that I was pregnant, because she doesn't think that Bea's father is actualy her father and has told other coworkers that. She's a lovely woman.
    Mom to the delightful Be@trix He1en Luci11e (2011)

Loving Margaret (nn Maisie), Louisa (nn Lulu), and Frederick (nn Fritz) for future children.

Quote Originally Posted by gwynedde View Post
    I had a friend way back in high school called Oberon, nn Obo...a bid sad. But thats just my opinion.
    I like the sound of Oberon, but I would think that life would be tough for a teen boy named after the king of the fairies.
    Mom to the delightful Be@trix He1en Luci11e (2011)

Loving Margaret (nn Maisie), Louisa (nn Lulu), and Frederick (nn Fritz) for future children.

At my job, I get to see the applications come through. A few months ago, we had a girl named Ultranet apply. She asked to be called Monique, which was her middle name. Poor thing!