Names Searched Right Now:
Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    It isn't a "why would you EVER name your child that" story, but once at the dinner table at a family gathering I had been blabbering on about how Anna is one of my absolute favourite names and how it's a certain name for a future daughter of mine, jump to about seven months later when a (relatively close) family member gives birth to a baby girl who she then names Anna. I know it's a popular name and I realize I'm not owning the name or anything, but I legitimately looked at her in disbelief when they announced the name. Later on at another gathering we were seated together and we talked about her daughter and I said to her "you do realize that I'm still gonna use Anna if I ever get a daughter" and she just laughed at me because she thought I was kidding ... but I'm not
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

The latest two: Brayden and Brayleigh. Sigh.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by lexiem View Post
    I don't know if this is awesome, if I want to laugh or if I want to cry. But way to commit to an idea and a theme.
    I wonder what they'd name a daughter?
    That's how I first reacted. His parents call him King but if I were him I would prefer Max. As to a daughter I have no idea. Queen, Queenie, Princess? And what do you name a second son, Prince?
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

I know a girl called crystal white, which I only realised the connection when I saw diamon white on American idol.
    Experiencing constant re-evaluation of my choices
    Gals. Lyra, Eliza, Roxanne, Penelope, Matilda, Alice, Nina
    Guys. Gabriel, Robert, Gethin, Zachary

I've had that reaction to my son's name actually. His name is Drake, which isn't a big deal where we live. However, I'm half Swedish and grew up there and Drake is the exact word for "dragon". So yeah, I've gotten quite a few comments from my Swedish friends and family.

Some WHAT moments of my own:
    Emlyn Elias (my niece...yes, NIECE)
    Chuckey (boy)
    Ameldra (girl)
    Alexis Victoria
    mom to the dragon and lion boys, AKA Drake Zephyr and Skandar Leonidas
    TTC 2014/2015