Names Searched Right Now:
Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lucykate219 View Post
    I've searched online and I can't find a legitimate source saying Ryanne is a legitimate Irish name. I think its one of those names that databases say is Irish, but isn't. In my own experience I've never met or heard of a Ryanne (of any pn) and I've lived in Ireland my whole life.
    Not suggesting you're mistaken or anything, just curious about where you found that information.
    Could be thinking of the Welsh girl's name Rhian?

Quote Originally Posted by lucykate219 View Post
    I've searched online and I can't find a legitimate source saying Ryanne is a legitimate Irish name. I think its one of those names that databases say is Irish, but isn't. In my own experience I've never met or heard of a Ryanne (of any pn) and I've lived in Ireland my whole life.
    Not suggesting you're mistaken or anything, just curious about where you found that information.
    I use the site http://www.babynamesofireland.com/irish-girl-names and have for a while.

And I didn't say a legitimate Irish name, I just said a legitimate name(meaning not youneek) that is Irish.
    It's possible it could be how the Irish anglicized the name but I haven't done any research.
    Last edited by ozdust; April 8th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Auntie to Connor Douglas (June 2012) & Parker Isabella (Oct 2013)

~*Ariadne*Celeste*Esmé*Deirdre*Linnéa*~
    ~*Cian*Everett*Julian*Soren*Theodore*~

My full list here. Please comment and I'll comment on yours
    I believe that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

(Not currently expecting or TTC)

Ok Nacho is today's popular boy name... really?!
    Auntie to Connor Douglas (June 2012) & Parker Isabella (Oct 2013)

~*Ariadne*Celeste*Esmé*Deirdre*Linnéa*~
    ~*Cian*Everett*Julian*Soren*Theodore*~

My full list here. Please comment and I'll comment on yours
    I believe that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

(Not currently expecting or TTC)

The worst I've heard are Tigerlily, Cougar (girl), and Wizdom (boy).
    - Meghan

My name list

Right now, that's my reaction whenever I meet a person named Hannah or Emily, or any other super-common name. Why, with the amazing amount of names available, would you name a child THAT? I have three Hannahs, two Annas, and two Emilys in one class. Poor dears!