Names Searched Right Now:
Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie532 View Post
    Jezlynne Be'Rieah! Ugh! I smiled and then rolled my eyes.
    OH DEAR LORD!!!
    Auntie to Connor Douglas (June 2012) & Parker Isabella (Oct 2013)

~*Ariadne*Celeste*Esmé*Deirdre*Linnéa*~
    ~*Cian*Everett*Julian*Soren*Theodore*~

My full list here. Please comment and I'll comment on yours
    I believe that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

(Not currently expecting or TTC)

Quote Originally Posted by greyer View Post
    I met a teenage girl camping once whose name was Sassafras, NN Sassy.
    I love the name Sassafras! Obviously I'd never use it but it's one of my guilty pleasures. I also have a character named Sassafras!
    18-year-old, not-so-average boy with an obsession for baby names and animals.

My Favorite Names~

Girls: Astrid, Athena, Coraima, Courtenay, Darcy, Kassia, Kimarie, Lindsay, Maryelle, Misty, Promise, Saba, Shaylene, Sky, Thalia, Tifany, Zooey

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Dade, Erik, Fable, Garrett, Harvey, Indigo, Isaac, Kasey, Mark, Sage, Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zane

Click here to vote on my name list!

A friend once told me about a family she knew in which the children were all given names like Sterling, Silver, China, Crystal, etc. Apparently people called them "the dishes family" because every one of them had names related to tableware or dishes. O.O
    Speculative fiction writer and mother to Charles Theophilus (2.5 years), Corinna Melisande -- nicknamed Cora (13 months), and the Tiny Girl (due Feb. 2014). Lover of studious, ancient boy names and sweet, intelligent girl names with a touch of fairy-tale beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by ozdust View Post
    Ryanne is actually a legitimate name. It's an Irish girl name.
    I've searched online and I can't find a legitimate source saying Ryanne is a legitimate Irish name. I think its one of those names that databases say is Irish, but isn't. In my own experience I've never met or heard of a Ryanne (of any pn) and I've lived in Ireland my whole life.
    Not suggesting you're mistaken or anything, just curious about where you found that information.
    Proud Mama to Two Perfect Little Ladies.
    Big Girl, 25.04.2007
    Small Girl, 06.09.2011

Wanting to be Pregnant & Hoping for a 2013 Blessing.

Alice Victoria Primrose | Annabella Sophie Faye
    Noah Gabriel Joseph | Zachary Roman James

Vote on my name list here.

I tend to end up really liking the names that give me pause at first...6 years ago one of my in-laws had a baby named Georgia which which was really surprising at the time and I loved it! Now everyone else seems to love it too...but it was strange at that time and everyone was talking behind the poor couples backs. My friend just had a boy Robin, which a lot of people didn't like, but I think it's cute and naturey more than comic bookish! One friend of mine gave his son the mn Mortimer which I don't think I would go for as a fn, but it was so cute as a middle on this cute little old man looking baby!

I guess I like most strange names as long as they aren't very pretentious or confusing to the eye.