Names Searched Right Now:
Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    I met a girl today who immediately made me think of this thread. When she said introduced herself, I thought she said her name was Alexandra. Then I saw it on paper-not Alexandra but Alecksandra. Talk about a yooneek spelling. It just looks terrible.

I say that in my head every time I meet a child named Charlie. Don't get me wrong, I like Charlie. As a nickname. On a boy. Named Charles. Maybe at a stretch as a nickname for Charlotte (though I prefer Lottie). But Charlie, to me, does not belong on a birth certificate. Just my personal taste I guess.

A woman I played netball with had a Shakira. Whenever Wherever was a hit at the time. That one surprised me.

And recently someone I know onlike had a Tkai. To me that sounds like a name of a Vulcan on Star Trek, I still can't get my head around that one.
    Mother to Evelyn Heather and Callum Richard

Currently loving: Annabel, Hamish, Bethany, Liam, Violet, Lachlan, Isla, Lennon, Amelie, Callum, Claire, Reuben, Fiona, Rowan, Aurora, Connor, Ever

Oh, and a birth announcement in the paper.... Jacob Edward.

Both lovely names, don't get me wrong, but talk about wearing your love of Twilight on your sleeve!
    Mother to Evelyn Heather and Callum Richard

Currently loving: Annabel, Hamish, Bethany, Liam, Violet, Lachlan, Isla, Lennon, Amelie, Callum, Claire, Reuben, Fiona, Rowan, Aurora, Connor, Ever

Saw a birth announcement in the paper today. A baby girl named HeavenLeigh. Ugh.

My sister in law and her husband chosed some really unusual names for their children, but I didn't react until their yougest was born and they named him Napoleon Isaac. They always call him Leo, so it's not a problem, but c'mon Napoleon? That's really something.

Another one of SO's relatives has a daughter named Skyelar. To defend the spelling, the mother was only 15 when she was born.
    Melina (June 2008), Jasper (October 2010), Malachi (January 2012) and #4 joining us in May 2014