Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    I used to be a teacher, and one family that went to my school had three kids, Gianni (g), Gimanni (b), and Gianna (g). It was just awful. I was always getting their names mixed up.
    Matilda, Louise, Zoe
    Gregory, Ezra, Simon

Quote Originally Posted by plum and peridot View Post
    I met a mom who had one daughter named McKenna. Okay, I thought... not my favorite name. Nevermind-- she was also cradling a brand new baby girl, so I eagerly asked what her new baby's name was, thinking she had, um, moved on from McKenna. Her answer "MacKenzie". OH.

<< crickets chirping >>
    Bwuahaha this was the funniest post I've read in a long time! :P lol
    ~ I s o l d e ~

Quote Originally Posted by weegingerfaerie View Post
    It's a pussy in UK, never referred to as Kitty.

Kitty is a really cute nn for Katherine.
    It's the same here in the US. Kitty might be a regional slang term where Jersey_grey is but it's certainly not widespread. I've used Kitty as a nickname myself and i've never heard anything about it as a slang word.

Wow some of these names are nuts!
    I went to a high school reunion a couple of months ago and one of my former classmates brought her children along.

Breeze Harmony, Rainbow Skye and Willow Zedekiah, yes Willow is a boy!

I politely asked where the names came from and their mom replied, "their father wanted them to be something in the world, their names set them up for stardom!" I had to contain myself from cracking up right in front of her. Well with those names they sure will be something, the laughing stock of the classroom!
    Sorry if I offend anyone, I just wasn't a fan!
    Our babies Jack August Hopper, Hugo Thackeray Fox and Emmeline "Milly" Amelia Story were born on the 15th of July 2012. We can't believe how far they have come!
    “I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen” Nicholas Sparks.

I met a girl today who immediately made me think of this thread. When she said introduced herself, I thought she said her name was Alexandra. Then I saw it on paper-not Alexandra but Alecksandra. Talk about a yooneek spelling. It just looks terrible.