Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    I was just having this conversation with my mom, who was an educator her whole career. She once had a girl named Luscious Tits, one named Barbara Wire, and one named Female.

I've had some strange names while subbing, but I think the one I hated the most was Sirfrederick, because it was a title name and he certainly didn't act like a Sir.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Ailova, Vasilisa, Indrina, Ottilie, Rosmira, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia, Alianora
    ... Alaric, Indio, Stellan, Rainier, Evander, Caspian, Soren, Silvan, Thursten, Theron, Ronan, Sander

Quote Originally Posted by plum and peridot View Post
    I did see a post in the Telegraph (posh english paper) for:

Ophelia Kitty

and

Kitty Underhill

I shall never understand the British middle classes! (M.C. Beaton)
    I don't get what a kitty is, other than a childish term for a cat/kitten. It's obviously not a British slang term.

Maris for a girl, although the girl turned out to be cute enough to live it down. And there's a name at my sister's dance troupe that is one of those combo names. Taylen or something like that. Also Chamberlain. All I can think of is a chamber pot.
    Ophelia doesn't sound too bad, but Urmajesty? What are those parents thinking?
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence and so many many more

Quote Originally Posted by stephlove View Post
    Keziah was one of Job's beautiful daughters in Job 42 in the Bible.
    So it is! Don't I look foolish! I suppose the alternate spelling is why I couldn't find it on any name sites, but I guess I should have researched harder. Still not crazy about the name, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    I don't get what a kitty is, other than a childish term for a cat/kitten. It's obviously not a British slang term.
    "Kitty" has sexual overtones to it in the US.