Names Searched Right Now:

uni-brow baby! what do i do?

My niece has a uni-brow. She's 5 years old, but kids have started to make fun of her for it. My sister doesn't know what to do because she believes Mckenna is too young to have her eyebrows waxed or plucked, but she comes home from kindergarten crying because of the kids who tease her. she wants to know what she can do.
    Proud Mama of Emerson, Evelyn, Hanson, Bella, Gabry, Lincoln, Shephard, Vanessa, Aela and Nolle

Quote Originally Posted by kenzi View Post
    My niece has a uni-brow. She's 5 years old, but kids have started to make fun of her for it. My sister doesn't know what to do because she believes Mckenna is too young to have her eyebrows waxed or plucked, but she comes home from kindergarten crying because of the kids who tease her. she wants to know what she can do.
    I recommend tweezing a few hairs above her nose, just enough to visually separate the eyebrows. On my unibrow, removing the five or six darkest hairs is all it takes.

This is different from waxing/plucking eyebrows to thin and shape them. The goal is to look neat, not sexy. Kind of like the difference between trimming fingernails and getting a manicure.

Normally, I would say leave the kid alone, but if she's being teased about it, and is visibly upset by this treatment, I think the mother should step in, by either a) bringing it to the attention of the teacher to stop the teasing, or b) talking to the daughter about the options, the daughter should know it will be painful to correct her unibrow, but also that it's a normal thing for almost everyone to have extra body hair that may sometimes be embarrassing, and if she wants to go ahead and take some measures to make it look better, it should be the childs choice. Early teasing like that can be traumatic, but so can a mother painfully tweezing/waxing a uni-brow.

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

Talk to pediatrician and get some Emla (or some other prescription numbing cream) and wax those babies! I opt for the less traumatic childhood. (:
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz