Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Movie Names

Movie Names

Naming your children after your favorite movie or movie characters? Is this a hit or miss? Nice or Mean?
    Proud Mama of Emerson, Evelyn, Hanson, Bella, Gabry, Lincoln, Shephard, Vanessa, Aela and Nolle

Depends on the movie, or the name... I strongly considered Vada, because my favorite movie is My Girl, but in the end we decided on something family related.

I am loving Ferris but can't help but feel everywhere he'd go he'd have "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" references.
    Eventhough, the film is from the 80s it's a cult classic so people will definately associate it.
    However, i'll see when time comes if i've the backbone for it!
    Top Girls: Tessa, Audrey, Joyce nn Joy, Harriet, Lynn, Regina nn Reggie, Diana, Ivy, Anthea NN Thea
    Top Boys: Theodore nn Theo, Quade, Miles, Cormac, Keith, Isaac, Jude, Flynn, Max.

Irish name Indulgances: Donncha, Padraig, Méabh, Gráinne.

I'd name my kids after character's in movies if I like it enough

I think it really depends on the movie and how associated the name is with the movie. An example I can think of is Hermione. It's been a name with history forever, but it wasn't really used much. Then Harry Potter came along and brought this name to light. This is an example of a name I wouldn't use, even if I were a huge HP fan. It's too associated with the movie. But on the other hand, I like the names of the main characters from The Notebook, Noah and Allie. They are pretty popular names, so it's not a totally obvious movie reference.